Bluebaby model for RC Deskpilot

treeseekingmissle

After much inspiration from rcspaceflight I've been modelling several planes for RCDP this is the first one I'm ready to release! I look forward to feedback and plan on making more models. If you have any requests for new planes please let me know. So this is the bluebaby 33in by Tony65x55 at rcgroups here is a link to the build thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=681556

And a Link to the model file (It'a just a touch to large to upload here around 2.3mb)http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2100280

Attachments

• Snap 2014-02-08 at 11.59.38.png
    Snap 2014-02-08 at 11.59.38.png
    371.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

treeseekingmissle

Thanks I've built three also! Just a great plane to hand the controls over to someone else and let them fly. I also just uploaded a version with modified physics moments ago

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
It looks really good. The physics seem to be a bit off. At least the Lift Graph is all out of whack. When I do a loop, the plane slows a lot as it reaches straight up and down, and then as soon as I go over that hump, the plane instantly gains a bunch of speed.

Something like this is pretty standard. Especially for high wing planes like yours:
lift graph.jpg

I think just fixing the lift will go a long way. As far as I can tell, that's all that it needs.

treeseekingmissle

That definetely fixed it up thanks. I have a question though. If I want to slow it down and still keep the "floatiness" what parameters do you recommend I adjust? Also here is and updated .par file with your recommended lift settings, just extract it to the blubaby2 aircraft folder in rcdp

Attachments

• BlueBaby mod physics2.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 21

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
There are two ways to slow down the plane; either decrease the thrust, or increase the drag. Looking at how you already have everything set up, probably just bring up the drag a touch at the zero degree mark of the graph. Probably just up to 0.1 or 0.2; you can leave the rest of the drag the same in the graph.