Bluegill

Hey ...need help with my scratch built foamy rc electric Firefly ..... It flies well , untill I try to execute an inside roll...It will stall out at the top of the loop. Slow or full throttle it will not complete the flip.

d8veh

Elite member
If it rolls out at the top, it's because you don't have enough speed. You therefore need to find a way to make it climb faster, i.e. more throttle, more power from the motor or dive first to gather speed, as Merv said. If it's windy, you can get some help if you climb into the wind so that the wind assists the speed when it reaches the top of the loop.

Also, make sure you're not hanging on to up-elevator at the top of the loop because that will also make it slow down and roll out. You should be at zero elevator at the top of the loop.

Last edited:
Hey ...need help with my scratch built foamy rc electric Firefly ..... It flies well , untill I try to execute an inside roll...It will stall out at the top of the loop. Slow or full throttle it will not complete the flip.
Sounds like you need more power. Try diving, then loop.
I have tried diving to build up speed ; probably underpowered or maybe nose heavy. Will try more pitch on prop . thanks

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I have no experience. Through the beauty of the internet I can share my experience with you. I'm amazed nobody has said this before, but the guys that know stuff need information. Motor size, prop size, battery size, CG, weight of the model, all kinds of stuff.

Somebody with more experience, please correct me as necessary.