Boardcam Recomendations?

gecko242

Ok, so have been flying FPV through my gopro for a bit now, built myself up a dart250 and some multistar elite 2204 motors... This thing is a beast!!! Anyway, I want to get boardcam, partly for weight-might get a Mobius, and also have heard too many horror stories about gopros cutting out...

My budget is around £20 shipped, and shipping from uk would be nice, but will happily wait for internat shipping...

Any good recommendations?

Many thanks, Geck

Flat4

The sony pz0420 is a pretty popular choice for the price, I believe that fails right within your range. I run a few of these myself for my mini quads.

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/600TVL-SONY-SUPER-HAD-CCD-D%252dWDR-Color-Board-Camera-with-OSD-Menu-DNR.html?setCurrencyId=2

Another good option is the SKy runcam 650. I feel the color on this cam is a bit better, but for best results you will have to play with the settings on both these cameras.

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/SKY-%252d-RunCam-650TVL-Mini-Metal-Casing-FPV-camera.html

I'm sure they are more out there, these are just the two that I have personal experience with. Both are great cameras for the price. I also normally run the 2.8mm lenses.

gecko242

Cheers, will check those out, and almost instantaneous reply?!

Also seen the sony super had, the one with the separate button panel, slightly more expensive but any thoughts on that one?

Geck

Flat4

Cheers, will check those out, and almost instantaneous reply?!

Also seen the sony super had, the one with the separate button panel, slightly more expensive but any thoughts on that one?

Geck

Probably the same camera, that sony pz0420 is rebranded all over the place. The button panel on the one I linked is also removable.

gecko242

Hehe, sorry about that, total derp just different types of button panel! is that a 4s capable cam, and does it have internal regs, or stuck at 12v?

gecko242

Ok, thanks. What are you running 4s on? and cheers to the link for the regulator, might get one or two for fpv gear :)

Flat4

gecko242

Sounds good, don't want to get tooo off topic, but why cc3d over naze? coming from kk2.0, mw, and then naze, was considering the cc, but have heard bad things, any experience the other way?

Flat4

More experimentation than any thing else. I was running only mwc's up to this point. I also have a naze 32 on the way to test that out as well. I've only logged about 15 flights on the cc3d so far, and as much as I'm beginning to get use to it, I still think I preferred the flip pro board I was using before on it. I also ordered a nanowii board from Germany with the kiss esc's to be able to try out the oneshot feature of the new esc's. http://flyduino.net/Multikopter-FC-Multiwii_1?lang=eng

All in the search of the most locked in mini quad I can have.

gecko242

Fair enough, im not experienced enough to judge anyway yet... Obviously you fly FPV, if you don't mind asking, where abouts are you(guessing america...) and if by some miracle you are in the uk, whats the sipping times like for security camera 2000?

Flat4

Yea I'm in America. I've been lucky enough that they have always stocked those models in their US warehouse. The first camera I ordered from them I got from their international warehouse, and it was surprisingly fast. Slightly over a week it took, if I remember correctly.