Boeing B52 Stratofortress build update

Clement

Hello guys. Hope y'all are fine. Work continues on the B52 Stratofortress here in Boeing Field Lagos, Nigeria. Landing gear has been added. A large chunk of fuselage has been completed. Looks rough now but will be smoothened and sanded.

Attachments

• IMG_7861.JPG
    IMG_7861.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7864.JPG
    IMG_7864.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7863.JPG
    IMG_7863.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7862.JPG
    IMG_7862.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Clement

Hello guys. Will post updates on my work soon. Meanwhile, for a long time I searched for the perfect adhesive that doesn't damage foam. The best I have found so far and which I use currently is Akfix 705 fast adhesive. Its really good. Just a little is required for a very strong bond. Adding too much may damage the foam a little though.

Also you could check out Ramy RC. He builds great airplanes https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaLqj-d_p8iuUfda5398igA

Clement

Hello guys. Will post updates on my work soon. Meanwhile, for a long time I searched for the perfect adhesive that doesn't damage foam. The best I have found so far and which I use currently is Akfix 705 fast adhesive. Its really good. Just a little is required for a very strong bond. Adding too much may damage the foam a little though.

Also you could check out Ramy RC. He builds great airplanes https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaLqj-d_p8iuUfda5398igA

Clement

Hello guys. See attached pictures of progress made so far. The motors with pusher props have been installed. Did a taxi test and I was amazed, the speed of the airplane far exceeded what I imagined. Those pusher props pack quite a punch. Signing out from Boeing Field here in Lagos, Nigeria. :)
IMG_7875.JPG
IMG_7875.JPG
IMG_7875.JPG
IMG_7874.JPG
IMG_7873.JPG
IMG_7872.JPG
IMG_7871.JPG

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Hello guys. See attached pictures of progress made so far. The motors with pusher props have been installed. Did a taxi test and I was amazed, the speed of the airplane far exceeded what I imagined. Those pusher props pack quite a punch. Signing out from Boeing Field here in Lagos, Nigeria. :) View attachment 120412 View attachment 120412 View attachment 120412 View attachment 120413 View attachment 120414 View attachment 120415 View attachment 120416
The downward wing-angle is gorgeous! Your filling and sanding seems to have come a long way too. You've got bracing you've got electronics. I am loving your build. I don't know enough to be sure about those little pushers, but others will chime in, or you'll find out on the maiden. Regardless, to my untrained eye she looks great! A little heavy and under powered, perhaps, but it's a great looking build.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Hello guys. See attached pictures of progress made so far. The motors with pusher props have been installed. Did a taxi test and I was amazed, the speed of the airplane far exceeded what I imagined. Those pusher props pack quite a punch. Signing out from Boeing Field here in Lagos, Nigeria. :) View attachment 120412 View attachment 120412 View attachment 120412 View attachment 120413 View attachment 120414 View attachment 120415 View attachment 120416

Nice ! I see you decided to go with the three motors?

DamoRC

Clement

Thanks guys. @ DamoRC, yea I decided to go with 3 motors. Was kinda scared only 2 motors would under power the airplane.

FastCrash45

Elite member
Wow, that's nice! Did you create the plans yourself? A release of this plane would be awesome? Let's us know how she flies!!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Absolutely well done scratch build. Truly impressive what you managed to pull off. You've got us all in pins and needles waiting for the maiden flight! Thank you for that. :)