Bolkhovitinov S (Sparka)

leaded50

Legendary member
Detail design of the aircraft (high-speed/light class bomber) began in 1937 and construction began in July 1938. The first prototype S-1 was finished in 1939. It was built to evaluate only the airframe and was fitted with one M-103 engine. It was unarmed and fitted with a fixed skid landing gear. It first flew on January 29, 1940, with B.N. Kudrin at the controls.[1] A maximum speed was 400 kilometres per hour (250 mph). The second prototype S-2 was powered by two engines and was armed with a single machine gun and bombs.[1] Four 100 kilograms (220 lb) bombs were carried vertically in a bay between the pilot and the rear gunner-navigator, under a common canopy.
By 1939 the first prototype was ready (S1) . The example lacked the proposed arnament, and skids was mounted instead of wheels and it just had one motor (aka, no contra rotation props as on the S2). is was clocked to max 435mph speed.

Bolkhovitinov S-2M-103_single_engine.jpeg

As my intererst in "weird planes" it did fit on my build list. And the Russians on the 30´s made a lot of crazy planeideas :cool:
Made by FT foam, wingspan approx 950mm, length 980mm

leaded50

Legendary member
orginally it also had windows on the side and bottom of fuselage by the gunnner at rear, but this would weaken the construction so much i would risk need pick two planeparts by first landing...:ROFLMAO::giggle: so its just get grey paint.
And put on exhaust for two engines as on the S2, because looked even "over the top"
Batteryhatch is 250mm long..... enough for what ever battery (even motor cant take more then 5S), and space for reciver,eg.
Difficult to see, it got even a rear russian plane machinegun. Space between pilot and gunner was planned used for a load of minor bombs through a bottom hatch.

Last edited:

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
orginally it also had windows on the side and bottom of fuselage by the gunnner at rear, but this would weaken the construction so much i would risk need pick two planeparts by first landing...:ROFLMAO::giggle: so its just get grey paint.
And put on exhaust for two engines as on the S2, because looked even "over the top"
Batteryhatch is 250mm long..... enough for what ever battery (even motor cant take more then 5S), and space for reciver,eg.
Difficult to see, it got even a rear russian plane machinegun. Space between pilot and gunner was planned used for a load of minor bombs through a bottom hatch.

Izzat GOLD?
Anyway, is there alot of humidity where you live? Just curious......

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: