Bombs in the mail!

tramsgar

I was chocked when I found two bombs in my package from HK: I didn't order those! And how could they slip through customs?

IMAG1683.jpg

Once I realized they were drop tanks, and not bombs, I was greatly relieved. Maybe they want me to order the rest of the A-1 Skyraider?

JasonEricAnderson

Weird. Looks like two scale, 1960's/70's era drop tanks (Disposable fuel tanks that fighter/bomber jets carry under their wings. They are used to extend the plane's range and then dropped when empty). Are they foam or hollow styrene?

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Well I am sure this thread just got tagged by "Homeland Insecurity" :black_eyed:!
This country has become so paranoid that if a kid showed up to school with
one of those he would be expelled and questioned by "Authorities" about his intent! :mad:

Thurmond

Last edited:

knife-edge

I was chocked when I found two bombs in my package from HK: I didn't order those! And how could they slip through customs?

View attachment 12488

Once I realized they were drop tanks, and not bombs, I was greatly relieved. Maybe they want me to order the rest of the A-1 Skyraider?

Haha I kept wondering if I should look at this thread as I thought that you got bad lipos from Hobbyking. I was hysterical to find out that they were foam bombs and not the scary lipo ones. Nice thread!!!! I love it.

tramsgar

Before very long, another "mystery part" was found at the bottom of my HK package:

IMAG1752.jpg
IMAG1753.jpg

I certainly didn't order that. Are they making a subtle suggestion that I should get into multirotors? :confused:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Before very long, another "mystery part" was found at the bottom of my HK package:

Looks like you ended up with someone else's order, or at least part of it!

I certainly didn't order that. Are they making a subtle suggestion that I should get into multirotors? :confused:
Go on...you know you want to! At least they sent you a decent frame to start with...

Last edited:

tramsgar

Yea, maybe I should, it's got great reviews!

No the order was mine, just this item "fell" into my box. The same day though I actually did get someone else's order. Out of eight items, only two were what I ordered. I got six "mystery parts" and was missing seven of my own items... Clearly some poor, stressed out sob at the warehouse cheated with the morning coffee. Even though it wasn't my fault, I felt bad for the guy with my package in his lap, because it was all beginner's stuff.

knife-edge

Weird. Looks like two scale, 1960's/70's era drop tanks (Disposable fuel tanks that fighter/bomber jets carry under their wings. They are used to extend the plane's range and then dropped when empty). Are they foam or hollow styrene?

I see what you mean. Are they the same size Tritium?