Bored building...

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Waiting for your vintage model company Balsa Baron to turn up? Waiting for a super slow delivery of your 90mm EDF sports jet from the far East? Can't venture out to fly?
Then grab yourself a sheet of foamboard and build yourself a FT Mini Mustang.
I used to have one, in fact it was the first FT model I made but that was using Westboard and came out super heavy, it flew but you really had to keep the speed up.
This time I'm using FliteTest foamboard, an 1806 2300Kv motor and I have many FT builds in my past so hopefully it will come out nice and light.
Waiting for a couple of 5gm servos before I can finish it off.
It passed a weekend nicely.
IMG_20200419_180116123.jpg IMG_20200419_180128445.jpg

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Waiting for your vintage model company Balsa Baron to turn up? Waiting for a super slow delivery of your 90mm EDF sports jet from the far East? Can't venture out to fly?
I used to have one, in fact it was the first FT model I made but that was using Westboard and came out super heavy, it flew but you really had to keep the speed up.
This time I'm using FliteTest foamboard, an 1806 2300Kv motor and I have many FT builds in my past so hopefully it will come out nice and light.
View attachment 166581 View attachment 166582
Always a pleasure to see your builds, so clean

messyhead

Looks nice. But the big question is... where did you get FT foam board!? Or did you have a stash 😄

I'm reluctantly finishing my simple scout, but it's way tail heavy with the westfoam board.

Wow pretty bird. Such a clean build!

moret

I bought 10 sheets in October last year, keep it flat under the bed for building emergencies like this 😉😀😉

Danger Will Robinson Danger!

Guys, Putting your foam board under the bed is a trap.
“She” will say “Oh that is fine.”
In 3-4 weeks “She” will say, “Since you are storing your stuff under the bed, you need to clean under the bed”
In 30 days you will be cleaning the whole bedroom, in 90 the house.
Danger Will Robinson Danger! :(

CarolineTyler

Legendary member

In 3-4 weeks “She” will say, “Since you are storing your stuff under the bed, you need to clean under the bed”
Since I live alone, so happily divorced :) , these arguments don't occur :)

Tench745

Master member

What's wrong with cleaning the house?

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Servos finally arrived yesterday so on with the build. Servos all fitted, linkages and control horns fitted.
IMG_20200507_101146456_HDR.jpg IMG_20200507_101204345_HDR.jpg IMG_20200507_101213082.jpg
And now on with the finishing off the decking and making it ready for its maiden.
Much happier with this build than my first mighty mini Mustang, the only bits from the original plane that this one has inherited is the wing servos. This build is much lighter, much neater and better built (I'm more skilled with foamboard building now)