Boston area flyers? Anyone want to try to meet up?

Raptortech

Foam Addict
Anyone from around the Boston area? I think it would be fun to meet up and fly some time this spring! I am in Newton.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Hey Raptortech,

I'm in Boston and fly out of Franklin Park or some small stuff out of the softball diamonds at the Jamaica Pond. I also work near Newton and sometimes fly small stuff out of a field at work in Brighton. I'm also a member of a RC club in Sudbury (CRRC) with fields they fly at in Sudbury and Medfield.

I'd love to fly with and meet up with FT fans in the area. The CRRC actually has more than a few FT fans, and every monthly meeting has so far involved raffles of multiple FT speed build kits.

Raptortech

Foam Addict
Awesome! I run an RC club out of my school that flies every Saturday at the Newton North High School athletic fields, so you're welcome to join. I'll also talk to the club about making a trip to CRRC some time this spring! Is there a policy for visitors? (they're all AMA members)

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Hey guys, I'm from the small town of Holliston around 45 mins from Boston. I fly out of a small baseball/soccer field, but plan to get more urban (not dangerously) with my multirotor. It's been years since I've seen anyone fly RC in this town, making me a lone pilot (I'm sure there's some elusive hobbyists out there). Unfortunately I am now in college, making a meetup only possible in the summer. Good to see there are others out there!

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Hey Raptortech, Snarls,

Anyone is welcome to come to a CRRC meeting http://charlesriverrc.org/ or even fly at our main field in Sudbury: Davis Field. It's technically a public park, so anyone can fly there, but the CRRC pay the town to hold events there. You only need an AMA license to fly at those AMA listed/sanctioned events. Otherwise, just stop by to fly! Of course, I just saw emails from club members saying to "bring your own plow and snow shoes" if you want to go there this morning.

Raptortech, that's great that you started/run a RC club out of Newton North! Our club is also trying to encourage a student club at Sudbury High, but no faculty member has time to sponsor it -- and they require a faculty sponsor. BTW, membership to our club is free for youths under 19 (just like the AMA) so anyone on your club can join CRRC for free!

Also, the brainFPV http://www.brainfpv.com/ developer lives in Boston too... one of his videos was a flight at Larz Andersen park in Brookline.

Last edited:

captron360

Boston area flyers

I'm out of Uxbridge Ma.
Let me know if you want to get together to fly some time. IF we get good weather.
Happy landings
Ron