Codyprice0295

New to RC or sUAS. Open Forum or introductions who are you? what plane do you fly? When did you start? War stories? Helpful info?

Attachments

• 7AFB9ED7-A692-4C64-A7EC-7C4A0D816EEF.jpeg
    7AFB9ED7-A692-4C64-A7EC-7C4A0D816EEF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 179DBB96-6E71-493E-97D6-84D70D8DBAC8.jpeg
    179DBB96-6E71-493E-97D6-84D70D8DBAC8.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Codyprice0295

Not sure the Horizon Cub is classed as a build, its more of an ARTF assembly. I do agree its a nice looking plane and definitely prefer it in grey and yellow of the Carbon Cub to the blue and white scheme of the Sport Cub.
I actually don’t care for either scheme, but it was a good introduction. I don’t know much about airplanes, I was a rotary wing crew chief in the army. I like Metallics and dark colors. I like wood props and Three blades. More blades less efficiency, but more smiles.
It’s NOT a build now, but I’m sure it will progress into one. Had some rather good bruises. Starting to realize the power of skewers. Plastic hinges are on the brain… arguing with myself over a 3 blade or some wood. I like the idea of lights. However, My plane is a little bruised and my wallet be a little dry too. Big plans for a little cub. I’m just some roughneck wrench monkey looking for something to bully until I can train meself to fly nice.

SSgt Duramax

I don't really have anything special to brag about. My traxxas rustler is probably the best thing I have, and it isn't that special. I did just order a Jolly Roger T-28 build kit though.

Is that an LS motor in your avatar? If so, what is it going in?

Thanks for your service! I got Army jokes for days! I guess you probably have some Air Force ones too.

Codyprice0295

I don't really have anything special to brag about. My traxxas rustler is probably the best thing I have, and it isn't that special. I did just order a Jolly Roger T-28 build kit though.

Is that an LS motor in your avatar? If so, what is it going in?

Thanks for your service! I got Army jokes for days! I guess you probably have some Air Force ones too.
That is RPO L8T. GMs 6.6 liter gas engine. It’s going in a new model service truck. It had a lifter roller bearing failure that scored a lifter bore. They’re just so pretty. I don’t have any cars. I had a Traxxas when I was a kid. That T28 is going to be a thing of beauty. I’ll be acquiring a C-12 model soon I hope. I fell in love with them in Afghanistan. P&W PT6A hearing them start on a cold morning out there. Thing of beauty….
Thank you for your service as well. Stinking Air Force was always out there making an over abundance of excessive noises. I was MEDEVAC so we lived on the airfield.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Not sure the Horizon Cub is classed as a build, its more of an ARTF assembly. I do agree its a nice looking plane and definitely prefer it in grey and yellow of the Carbon Cub to the blue and white scheme of the Sport Cub.
View attachment 212023 View attachment 212024
I agree, I love the looks of the carbon cub. The hangar 9 15cc one is on my list. I’ve already got the three smaller versions horizon sold/sells.

I'm making a 20 cm long non-proportional steering, 2 ch, supercapacitor powered and controlled by a tank drive rc car circuit Yeah it sucks but I have no money (you cant really buy anything good with only 2000 baht) View attachment 212040
If you're doing what you're doing with that list of equipment, you win. Full stop. And I like that nifty plane you got there.

Hey @TheFlyingBrit might like that transmitter... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It has good gimbals.

Sam-U

If you're doing what you're doing with that list of equipment, you win. Full stop. And I like that nifty plane you got there.

Hey @TheFlyingBrit might like that transmitter... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It has good gimbals.
:) I just built it after a 2ch plane on Lazada when my friend saw the circuit on my shelf of mostly forever unfinished things and decided to get back to it ( I didnt realise how stupid it was when I started )

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I actually don’t care for either scheme, but it was a good introduction. I don’t know much about airplanes, I was a rotary wing crew chief in the army. I like Metallics and dark colors. I like wood props and Three blades. More blades less efficiency, but more smiles.
It’s NOT a build now, but I’m sure it will progress into one. Had some rather good bruises. Starting to realize the power of skewers. Plastic hinges are on the brain… arguing with myself over a 3 blade or some wood. I like the idea of lights. However, My plane is a little bruised and my wallet be a little dry too. Big plans for a little cub. I’m just some roughneck wrench monkey looking for something to bully until I can train meself to fly nice.
I have just converted my FT Edge 540 from a twin to a tri prop.
I won't go into the math's but I was originally running a 12x6 twin producing 1450g of thrust with a specific motor & battery setup. Unfortunately following some previous crashes and modifications I've ended up with vibration issues when I throttled up.
As I didn't have a spare 12x6 to swap over and couldn't be arsed balancing the prop and spinner, I opted for the next best thing that I did have an 11x5 twin prop. The calculated thrust for that prop would have been 1350g, so no significant drop.
However, to run an equivalent 3 blade prop and get roughly the same 1350g of thrust I calculated that I would need a 10x5 to achieve this. As I already had a 10x5 three blade prop, I fitted it today. Low and behold the vibration has gone and the plane feels like she has her thrust back win, win.
Tri blades have there uses and may not be as inefficient as you thought ;)(y)

:) I just built it after a 2ch plane on Lazada when my friend saw the circuit on my shelf of mostly forever unfinished things and decided to get back to it ( I didnt realise how stupid it was when I started )
Well does it fly?

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
The answer is yes, it will definitely fly there is plenty of thrust so no doubts what so ever. It flew before with the 12x6 bi prop and that was a little over powered to be honest, so the new setup will be perfect (y)
Will it harrier and hover :unsure: not sure, but all the rest of the maneuvers no problem.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
The answer is yes, it will definitely fly there is plenty of thrust so no doubts what so ever. It flew before with the 12x6 bi prop and that was a little over powered to be honest, so the new setup will be perfect (y)
Will it harrier and hover :unsure: not sure, but all the rest of the maneuvers no problem.
Let you know better on Monday night after I have been flying :rolleyes::cautious: