Brake setting for FT ESC?

dap35

Elite member
I have built an electric 2M glider with a folding prop. Is it possible to configure a brake for a Flitetest ESC? I have a spare ESC from a C-Pack that I would rather use than a much larger ESC with the brake function.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
I have built an electric 2M glider with a folding prop. Is it possible to configure a brake for a Flitetest ESC? I have a spare ESC from a C-Pack that I would rather use than a much larger ESC with the brake function.
Curious as to why you want to use a brake.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Good news, There is a brake setting for the FT ESC's.
Bad news, I don't know how to set it in "stick mode" (using your radio), off the top of my head.

Be careful when you are in programming mode. Those ESC's have a bidirectional capability. Once you set bidirectional on, you can no longer use stick mode to program the ESC.

The best way to program those ESC's is to buy whatever programming card is recommended. Its faster and simpler than stick mode and you can turn bidirectional on and off.

If you can't find the instructions for stick mode programming, try using the Emax esc instructions.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
More specifically, BL Heli ESC's.

You will see some instructions with settings numbering from 1-7, and others with 1-8. The 8th setting being direction.

You want to use the instructions with 8 setting options. Same for programming cards. Make sure the card has 8 functions not just 7.

Last edited: