Brand new and already messed something up (Parkzone T-28 Trojan)

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
also check into this
there maybe a protocal module that will allow you to use other receivers???? I dont know your TX at all but there is a Frsky protocal module available that plugs in the back bay of my Frsky Taranis that allows us to use "some" other receivers

Hoomi

Master member
I use Tactic radio equipment. You can get a basic Tactic 4 channel Tx for as low as $35 from Flite Test, and 6 channel receivers for as low as $20 (the 6 channel receivers are actually cheaper than the 4 channel, and you just use the channels you need).

Tactic 4 channel transmitter

Flite Test only has the 2 pack of 6 channel receivers right now, but the 2 pack brings them in at under $20 each:

Tactic Receivers

The dual-antenna 6 channel receiver, for about $25, will also work. The dual antennas offers better reception at range and at different angles.

(Edit: If you buy a 2 pack of receivers, both will work with a single transmitter, and you can buy or build a second plane. I have around 14 planes currently bound to a single transmitter, and it sure makes trips to the flying field a bit easier, with only one Tx to pack)

"Corpse"

Legendary member
If you're going to get a 2.4ghz, I would recommend Jumper radios. They have a multiprotocol module in it that lets you do FRsky, Spektrum, and basically every other 2.4ghz protocol out there. This is the one I'm getting for racing quads and such. https://www.rc-wing.com/jumper-t12-...RigYdPi04raG5Hjpb4ySFp9Wy9Xh1MVMaAifeEALw_wcB
If you get this transmitter you can get any 2.4 ghz receiver you like and it'll work!

I will say, Parkzone really killed it with the Trojan! I got to repair one a while back and it flew amazing! It's pretty fast, but not uncontrollably fast. It's hands down one of my favorite rc planes.