Brand new and need a little guidance

Txwarthog

As a new guy myself. I have been having fun with a simulator that was suggested on here. Took a month to get here and hours trying to make it work. It really has shown me how much I have to learn, and what to do once I get a plane up in the air. I'm also making my own templets for a plane based on the trainer.

Attachments

• P_20181125_160525.jpg
    P_20181125_160525.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • P_20181209_070317.jpg
    P_20181209_070317.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0

d8veh

Elite member
I have been having fun with a simulator that was suggested on here. Took a month to get here and hours trying to make it work.
I'm glad you got it sorted. I still think that it's the best $10 you can spend in this hobby, and it will save you that many times over when you don't crash so much.

It's great when you get the stimulator going, but it's a pain that there's always a load of fiddling about and frustration before you can get the damn thing working. Buzzbomb made a short guide on what to do in a specific thread about it, which is basically:
1. Install the driver first, before plugging in the dongle
2. Check in Device Manager that Windows is using the right driver, which is something like "HID device Vendor defined"
3. Work your way down the menu on the disk. You can stop after Phoenix if you only want to fly planes
4. Set up your transmitter to use the trainer port. For that, you need to look at a Youtube guide if you don't know how.
5. Use the new transmitter wizard on Phoenix to set up your transmitter for the game. I think it tells you to set your transmitter to helicopter mode, but I didn't and mine works.
6. Sort out the servo directions in Phoenix, not your transmitter.

Hopefully, there won't be too much messing about after that. It took me a few attempts to get everything on the transmitter and the transmitter setup in Phoenix working properly. I had some channels working like switches instead of proportional and all my channels were in the wrong place, like ailerons were up and down on the right stick instead of side to side. I'm pretty bad at sorting out these sort of things these days. They always seem to conspire against me, but even I got it working after about an hour, so it's probably not that difficult really.