Brand New Power pack A Motor won't spin up? Causes?

The Alpine Ace

I recently bought a Mini Powerpack (A) to get my little brother flying with a Tiny trainer. We've connected the electronics and binded it to my DX6i. All the controls work but the motor wont spin up?
The Throttle hold is not on and the lead to the receiver is in the correct orientation.
There are no sounds from the ESC when the battery is connected... so that worries me. Could it be a bad ESC? Does anyone know what could be wrong?

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
The ESC makes tones though pulsing the motor. If there are no boot up sounds you either have a defective connection to the motor or a bad component.

Are you using connectors with the motor/ESC connection or did you solder the wires?

Also while you are troubleshooting the problem please make sure you remove the propeller...

The Alpine Ace

I am using the bullet connectors that came presoldered with the power pack. There are no "boot" sounds coming from the ESC at all. The connections are all good, (the connections between the ESC, battery, motor and receiver that is.)
Does the receiver send the message to the ESC to make the boot up sounds? I'm starting to wonder if it's my receiver, all the products I've bought off the flitetest store have always been high quality...

quorneng

Master member
The ESC first checks that the throttle signal is at minimum (throttle closed). If it isn't then the ESC will send a 'throttle not closed tone to the motor' (usually a repeated single tone)
If there is no throttle signal at all the ESC will do nothing.

From what you describe is sounds as if the ESC is not "seeing" the throttle signal at all or at least two of the motor wires are not connected to the ESC.
Is the ESC plugged into the correct rx channel?
If the servo work then the rx is working.

The Alpine Ace

I figured it out....

So just to expirement I switched out the receiver, and and as it turns out.... somehow the throttle channel on the receiver was "dead". It works now! I guess that's what I get for buying orange X receivers....
Thanks guys for helping me out. Can't wait to get my little brother flying! (He's so excited it works he wants to go fly it in the windy weather.);)