Brand New to Flite-test

RickzFPV

I just wanted to say I am brand new to Flite-test been flying fixed wing for quite awhile now and got into fpv quads about 4 and 1/2 years ago, and have always loved everything about the R/C hobby. I just got my Bloody Baron kit built and it is so much fun to fly. I have a ft explorer that will be my next build. This thing flies absolutely beautiful, just wanted to say thanks.

Rick
E26882B4-CEE3-407D-A420-BE7D96FE66F3.jpeg
0B1A2010-0265-4CB9-B39B-4C954352F4C4.jpeg

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
@RickzFPV , Welcome to the Forum, brother! (y)
Are you using Open, or EdgeTX on your Zorro? Which module? How do you like it?
Do I ask too many questions? :giggle: LOL!

The Fopster

Master member
I just wanted to say I am brand new to Flite-test been flying fixed wing for quite awhile now and got into fpv quads about 4 and 1/2 years ago, and have always loved everything about the R/C hobby. I just got my Bloody Baron kit built and it is so much fun to fly. I have a ft explorer that will be my next build. This thing flies absolutely beautiful, just wanted to say thanks.

Rick View attachment 223287 View attachment 223288
Nice clean build and a really distinctive colour scheme - nice! If your first build looks that good your tenth will be amazing. And I suspect there will be a tenth! Anyway - welcome.

RickzFPV

@RickzFPV , Welcome to the Forum, brother! (y)
Are you using Open, or EdgeTX on your Zorro? Which module? How do you like it?
Do I ask too many questions? :giggle: LOL!
Right now I am running a nightly build of open tx but will be going to edge tx 2.6 in the near future I am running a happymodel slim pro Elrs module on it and as far as the transmitter I absolutely love it gimbals are super smooth and the weight and balance of it is excellent.

RickzFPV

So guys have a question I really like the way this bloody baron flies it is so much fun even in a little wind. I also bought a FT explorer core kit (by accident) thought it was the full speed build kit. Where can I look on here for some ideas for a wing, I really would like it to be a little sporty as I am past the trainer stage and I like to do aerobatics with my planes.

SSgt Duramax

So guys have a question I really like the way this bloody baron flies it is so much fun even in a little wind. I also bought a FT explorer core kit (by accident) thought it was the full speed build kit. Where can I look on here for some ideas for a wing, I really would like it to be a little sporty as I am past the trainer stage and I like to do aerobatics with my planes.

Build an armin wing for it. Several people (including myself) have and it works well.

Make sure you get the thrust angle right on that motor! Pusher planes like that are testy with thrust angle. Also, it can be tough to get a good CG on it. I had to scoot the wing back a touch with a 4500 mah pack.

RickzFPV

Build an armin wing for it. Several people (including myself) have and it works well.

Make sure you get the thrust angle right on that motor! Pusher planes like that are testy with thrust angle. Also, it can be tough to get a good CG on it. I had to scoot the wing back a touch with a 4500 mah pack.
Yeah I am probably gonna get some bigger batteries even for my bloody baron I wanted to keep it light so using a 3s 1000 mah battery on it. It has to go all the way forward to balance correctly. But it flies really well.

SSgt Duramax

Yeah I am probably gonna get some bigger batteries even for my bloody baron I wanted to keep it light so using a 3s 1000 mah battery on it. It has to go all the way forward to balance correctly. But it flies really well.
I don't know how big you want to go, but a day or two ago banggood had some 4S 4000mah 100c batteries for a flash deal at $30 each. Even if they don't live up to their C rating, I'll never need that much juice. I bought a couple, so if they are still there, that is a good deal.

RickzFPV

I don't know how big you want to go, but a day or two ago banggood had some 4S 4000mah 100c batteries for a flash deal at $30 each. Even if they don't live up to their C rating, I'll never need that much juice. I bought a couple, so if they are still there, that is a good deal.
Yeah I am gonna get some on the way I am kind of just getting back into electric fixed wing so mainly gage quadcopter batteries was thinking about ordering some 2200 mah batteries and probably some 3000 mah batteries just to have

RickzFPV

I was gonna start building my ft explorer and then kind of shifted gears lol and am building a tiny trainer from plans. I want to see how long it actually takes to build one from scratch to see if it is feesable to do some with my sons stem class

SSgt Duramax

Lots of FT planes probably wouldn't balance very well with a 3000, but they may. My battery sizes are 1000mah, 2200mah, and 4000mah lol. I just use the big ones in my FPV plane I made. I have another couple of planes I am planning that are going to take big batteries too.

I don't know how far you want to go with stem. FT has a stem 3 pack of gliders, and I am sure that you or I could come up with a design that would be easy for them to build. Chuck gliders are good too.

Nernic has good chuck gliders. Well, I can personally vouch for the mustang and F-16, they were great and my daughters loved them.

https://www.nerdnic.com/

As far as your quad stuff don't underestimate what the little 2205/2207 motors can do. Two sunnysky 2207 motors ripped my 3lb plane off the ground on 3S no problem at 60% throttle. It would have went straight up if the gyro didn't kick in.

Last edited:

RickzFPV

That is awesome yeah I have a bunch of 800 1000 and 1300 mah batteries was gonna get some that were bigger just to have just in case my plan is to put a 2206 in this tiny trainer probably have more power than it needs but that is ok. I am looking at the r/c side for his stem class because he has been in it since jr high and is now in HS here is the project they took to the state competition this year. It is fully 3D printed except for the electronics and the hardware. It has fpv and full navigation with INAV.

Attachments

• 3B06B4C0-6A37-4AA3-91FD-702770726ECB.jpeg
    3B06B4C0-6A37-4AA3-91FD-702770726ECB.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • AE5C04F3-D719-46B1-A392-80D7A9E23577.jpeg
    AE5C04F3-D719-46B1-A392-80D7A9E23577.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • CBDE0082-59B3-4724-A794-0E9E6FC3DF07.jpeg
    CBDE0082-59B3-4724-A794-0E9E6FC3DF07.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 1

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
That is awesome yeah I have a bunch of 800 1000 and 1300 mah batteries was gonna get some that were bigger just to have just in case my plan is to put a 2206 in this tiny trainer probably have more power than it needs but that is ok. I am looking at the r/c side for his stem class because he has been in it since jr high and is now in HS here is the project they took to the state competition this year. It is fully 3D printed except for the electronics and the hardware. It has fpv and full navigation with INAV.
Wow I love that!! Nice prints too! They look perfect! Gonna have to do that myself some time…

RickzFPV

Got a couple questions I have 1/2 of my armin wing built and getting ready to start the 2nd half. I am using a carbon arrow shaft for my spar. Do you guys install tubes in the wings for the spar or glue the wing together and make it 1 piece I would like to keep mine in 2 pieces to make it easier for transport. Also do the arrow shafts need to run the full length inside each wing.

RickzFPV

So maidened both the bloody baron and explorer tidy both flew absolutely beautiful. Had a great time today flying with my son and some of his friends. The bloody baron is posted above in the thread and here is the explorer with the Armin wing flew it with a 3s lipo and a 4s liion. On the liion we had it in the air for about 40 minutes. I am looking forward to building some more of these kits.

Attachments

• 4B947936-9DC1-45A5-98D8-0B0F58CA5AE7.jpeg
    4B947936-9DC1-45A5-98D8-0B0F58CA5AE7.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 6387C5D6-5D1F-4EBC-9C1E-B7DB51BB1A2F.jpeg
    6387C5D6-5D1F-4EBC-9C1E-B7DB51BB1A2F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 3B81E3B1-1D0B-4EE9-8898-05C56291056D.jpeg
    3B81E3B1-1D0B-4EE9-8898-05C56291056D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0