Brass players at Flite Fest 2023?

KMechie

Would anyone be interested in playing in a small brass band a couple times during Flite Fest 2023? If there's interest from the organizers, we could practice for the first two nights on the far side of the event (where we wouldn't bother anyone), and then play by the middle seating area in the evening if we're good enough! Or, just practice for a couple nights for fun! That said, I would totally understand if the Flite Fest organizers would rather something like this be saved for a different time and place... I think it would only make sense to happen with their blessing.

Several years ago, I was surprised at how many brass musicians I met at Flite Fest, including one guy that was a professional tuba player from Chicago (if I recall correctly). I lead Mystic River Brass Ensemble in Connecticut (check us out on Facebook!), primarily play cornet/trumpet, and have a significant collection of quintet music. I have many of Seb Skelly's arrangements (with Youtube videos, which would make practicing before FF easier) in addition to other content. We would need a second trumpet, french horn or Eb alto horn, trombone, and tuba. The goal would be to practice the music at home beforehand, and then come together to play fun music that would fit the atmosphere of the event.

Anything on this playlist, I have sheet music for.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMNiwNcWwIw73IIPmdIaUcxY3nweROO1T

Let me know what you think!

KMechie

Unfortunately with my wedding coming up in July it looks like I won't be able to go in 2023. Just not enough vacation time off work to go around :(

That said, I'm hoping to attend in 2024 with my (by then) wife! I'd still love to arrange a little brass group for next year

FishbonesAir

You get three bugles, I think you really ought to do Silver Taps at sunset one night. I haven't heard it live in a very long time.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Unfortunately with my wedding coming up in July it looks like I won't be able to go in 2023. Just not enough vacation time off work to go around :(

That said, I'm hoping to attend in 2024 with my (by then) wife! I'd still love to arrange a little brass group for next year
I know its not brass, but I could tag on as a clarinet...