Bruce from xjet Link

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I like Bruce when he does reviews.. when he gets started whining about how the local government works with / against him I kinda wanna choke him. You can't do the things he has done when dealing with political entities, make public videos talking trash about them, then complain when the refuse to work with you on projects you want to do for the hobby. The resistance he has been met with is from his own actions and how he tries to deal with these guys.

I have seen him threaten and try legal actions and now that he is totally defeated it seems like he is going to ride the coat tails of people who are active and on top of things in the hobby to accomplish his goals. If anything major is going to happen in Tokaroa it will at this point I am afraid not be with him at the helm and that is his own doing.

He does have valid points about what he talks about but he needs to bring those things to the table as an open discussion and not in the blame game manor he goes about things.

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
I like Bruce when he does reviews.. when he gets started whining about how the local government works with / against him I kinda wanna choke him. You can't do the things he has done when dealing with political entities, make public videos talking trash about them, then complain when the refuse to work with you on projects you want to do for the hobby. The resistance he has been met with is from his own actions and how he tries to deal with these guys.

I have seen him threaten and try legal actions and now that he is totally defeated it seems like he is going to ride the coat tails of people who are active and on top of things in the hobby to accomplish his goals. If anything major is going to happen in Tokaroa it will at this point I am afraid not be with him at the helm and that is his own doing.

He does have valid points about what he talks about but he needs to bring those things to the table as an open discussion and not in the blame game manor he goes about things.

Psyborg, I am glad I am not the only one that feels the way you do. While I think Bruce is a very good teacher on a lot of RC topics, his way of trying to get people on his side is questionable.

He has never been at fault for anything that has happened to him, just ask him he will tell you that. I criticized him when he was asking for money, and was berated by him. I don't follow him any longer, and I am sure that the Tokaroa field will not give him permission as he has done nothing but blame them for all of his bad luck. I think and believe you make your own luck, and as long as he keeps blaming others his won't change.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I feel bad for him as he is trying to do good for his / our communities as a whole. I don't want that all to sound like I am bashing the guy because he does do good things with his channels to help a lot of people. I know I have the personality of a wet dish rag so I really can't point fingers when it comes to dealing with people but even I know where I go south and really try not to do that.

mikeporterinmd

Still Learning
He's just wrong, anyhow. A UAV hitting a manned aircraft has nothing to do with pedestrians and motor vehicles. Human life takes precedence over UAVs.

Sure, full sized plane pilots should listen/read the notices. And if they don't, then perhaps a fine be assessed or whatever happens when a pilot breaks the rules.

Anyhow... Bruce got me involved in model R/C, but as stated above, he creates his own problems, too.

Of course, a lot people in the US gave up larger than 250 gram UAVs to avoid a $5 fee, so I guess everyone has their battles.

My battles are with the CABLE COMPANY. Aggghhh! Another unexplained $25 increase!!! And that's per month. And somehow, my mother, who barely watches TV pays almost $100/month more than I do. That baffles me. ($25/month of her bill is for phone - so only $75 actually baffles me.)

Mike