Bubble, Zap, Puff, Bang and Blow. Tales of a Little More Than a Puffy Battery.

Smoke or Fire how did it happen? (Don't forget to share your stories below)

• Benched on the Charger, I swear I left the room for a second to get the popcorn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe I drained it a little too far?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RCEM-Joey

R/C Engineering Magazine
Bubble, Zap, Puff, Bang and Blow. Your Tales of a Little More Than a Puffy Battery.

Hi Joey here from R/C Engineering Magazine.Recently on our page I had asked viewers about their stories of batteries incidents ending in fire and explosion! I wasn't expecting very many responses, but boy was I wrong. Plenty of people stepped forward with tales of fire, smoke and destruction, and some maybe a little luck.

So that got me thinking, what is the trend? Where does this happen the most? On the charger, in the air or between bits of balsa and a rock at high velocity?

I want to hear your stories, see your pictures and even a video or two. It's mostly for fun, but partly for data.

Please though, tell me your eye witness accounts, not some random video or post you read. :applause:

Attachments

• 1970354_10152344194982164_480796484_n.jpg
    1970354_10152344194982164_480796484_n.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Epitaph

Ebil Filleh Pega-Bat ^.^
Mentor
Haven't had the problem yet... I had a Zippy 3S 2200mAh once start to expand on the middle cell, and I had just enough time to take the pack apart and put that cell in a bucket of salt water to discharge it before punchering the casing... turned the other 2 cells into a 2S for my MPX radio!

So I guess I cannot vote as my option isn't up there:eek: although option 4 is close, just didn't have time to get past the ballooning, and I have a cat, not a dog:D

Last edited:

RCEM-Joey

R/C Engineering Magazine
I realized after I posted it I left out a "puffying only" choice, and I don't see anywhere to edit the pole. Thank you for your comment. This is my first post on the forum, so I'm still getting used to where the controls are.

People are more than welcome to share their stories of puffing as well.

Haven't had the problem yet... I had a Zippy 3S 2200mAh once start to expand on the middle cell, and I had just enough time to take the pack apart and put that cell in a bucket of salt water to discharge it before punchering the casing... turned the other 2 cells into a 2S for my MPX radio!

So I guess I cannot vote as my option isn't up there:eek: although option 4 is close, just didn't have time to get past the ballooning, and I have a cat, not a dog:D

earthsciteach

There should be a choice for, "racing Sky Surfers on the gym floor of the school where you teach." I was transferred to the high school at the end of that year. I can't say for sure that stinking up the half the school had anything to do with that, though.