Help! Budget FPV cinematography drone tips?

GingerFly

Hey y'all,
I'm looking to build a budget 6" (ish) drone for follow-cam footage. I need it to be powerful enough to carry a full-size go-pro, does anyone know of a good build guide/video for something in the $100-$150 range? (just for the drone, not including peripherals) Also, any good-to-know tips for someone trying to start taking FPV footage? or things to watch out for that a beginner wouldn't know?
Thanks, and happy flying!

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
from everything I have seen, your not going to get anything 'good' in the $100-150 range that can carry a go-pro. JB's "everything you need but batteries and RX" budget first analog build is currently listed at $269.99 but is out of stock and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes up in price when it comes back in stock because of the significant inflation that has happened to electronics (Flight controller boards have gone up something like 50% maybe more in cost in the last 6-12 months and $200ish builds were considered budget before all that happened)

The bnf recommendations are in the $275ish range also.

From what I have seen, your going to have to give up a whole lot of quality to get the parts you need at the price point your targeting [given your looking to hit about 1/2 the cost of the budget builds I am finding from sources that have some trust worthiness behind them].

GingerFly

from everything I have seen, your not going to get anything 'good' in the $100-150 range that can carry a go-pro. JB's "everything you need but batteries and RX" budget first analog build is currently listed at $269.99 but is out of stock and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes up in price when it comes back in stock because of the significant inflation that has happened to electronics (Flight controller boards have gone up something like 50% maybe more in cost in the last 6-12 months and $200ish builds were considered budget before all that happened)

From what I have seen, your going to have to give up a whole lot of quality to get the parts you need at the price point your targeting [given your looking to hit about 1/2 the cost of the budget builds I am finding from sources that have some trust worthiness behind them].
thanks for the insight, I guess I just really underestimated how much this will cost!

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
here are a bunch of builds, I can't speak to the quality of them:
https://rotorbuilds.com/

from what I have seen 5in is the primary freestyle size, ciniwhoops are your 'safe' light weight cinematographic machines [but shorter flight times from the smaller disk sizes], 7" quad are your longer range quads with lifting power (also more flight time then a 5").

I haven't seen much in the 6" range

GingerFly

Do you know of/have a parts list I could follow for a build in this $250-$300 range?