Help! Budget FPV setup....

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Here is a really good hint: buy used
You can get goggles for really cheap used if you get lucky. I am waiting for a deal right now, no one wants to sell skyzones tho…
Whole lotta fatshark hdo and hd3… if you want analog you can get hd3 for ~200-250 used with module.

I need a goggle that can do 720p for the sharkbyte system. It all depends on what you want to get out of it.

FYI people have done miles on 25mw

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Sooo.. I just had a thought...
I have a good phone and a good laptop...
Would something like this.. be decent??
https://www.ebay.com/itm/313671357806?hash=item490845156e:g:jwsAAOSwhT5hPcL1
That will work.
HOWEVER

There will be a fair amount of latency. You might not feel it but i would. Also a phone would probably be better in this case because when you put it on a big screen like a computer you will be zooming in on the blurry ness and making a bad image Look worse.

And yes I look at eBay, also a site called offer up but I dunno if they have that outside of US.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
In the USA, flying over people is discouraged, but not illegal - flying over organized events (football games, parades, etc.) is often against FAA regulations.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Whats the range of this FPV is this safe to flying around the crowd please tell me.
range is highly environmentally & equipment dependent... ideal range is in a low RF noise with line of sight between your antennas and plane.
I don't see a single specific recommendation in the thread (a whole bunch of partial suggestions or people looking for the lowest cost options), so there is no way to give a specific answer.

You shouldn't be flying over/near people people. You should always plan your flight paths assuming that you could loose control of your craft and it becomes some sort of ballistic projectile.