Bugs and Technical Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
YouTube permissions

It may be too early, but the YouTube video on the http://flitetest.com/extra/subscribe page is restricted...

Ahh... maybe that permission was only before I subscribed... after the subscription, that allowed the access. Maybe it should be explicitly noted a subscription is required?

Last edited:

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I experienced the same problem with the video on the intro page being marked "private".

I'm also having problems subscribing, because "The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder". Since I'm fairly sure I know where I live, I don't know what's wrong. I've tried to replace the Umlaut in "Münster" with "Muenster" or "Munster", but that didn't work.

Pressing cancel leaves the window open with just white background.

I'm not a big fan of entering CC info in a frame like this. Because I can not see if it's transmitted securly using SSL since the browser address bar is not shown.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Do you need to donate before you can watch videos? The player on the page says videos are private

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin

AustinFurey

Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Do you need to donate before you can watch videos? The player on the page says videos are private

Nope, donation is optional. Working out the issue now.

Edit: Issue is now fixed. Let me know if it persists. -AF

Last edited:

AustinFurey

Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I'm also having problems subscribing, because "The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder". Since I'm fairly sure I know where I live, I don't know what's wrong. I've tried to replace the Umlaut in "Münster" with "Muenster" or "Munster", but that didn't work.

Thanks Balu, looking into this.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Comments:

- Looking at the link . . . I understand there's noting connected to the "EXTRA" block on the main page yet, but will the link on the extra block be smart enough to know if you've seen the subscribe block yet? If it blindly connects to the subscribe page every time, you'll be soliciting your subscribers to donate each time they come in . . . bad form in general.

- Does this use the same authentication as the articles or store? something new? Are we looking at 4 FT accounts now? Are they being unified? Any chance we can get the Forum's Authentication added on if they are?

- I take it the YT channel will have a link back to the subscription area once it goes live?

- Would be nice to have an "X" pop up in the search window after typing to clear the search and return to the full list.

- I can see this page getting ungangly fast . . . kinda already there. might not be a bad selling point for "look at all we have in here", but after that's sold, it's difficult to navigate around. Possibly tabs/sections for past years/quarters?

Videos run smoothly and switch pretty quickly. Overall looks well laid out and responds well to clicks. Running Chrome Version 39.0.2171.95 m on Win7.

earthsciteach

Adam Drain was having difficulties posting to this area of the forum last night. Not sure if he got it worked out or not.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
images (2) copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

letsflyrc

I agree, that there should be easy to understand instructions that explain the need to subscribe before gaining access. I, also had a problem at first, not knowing that I had to navigate to the bottom of the page to get to the subscribe button to gain access. I wanted to post earlier, but couldn't access the forum the first or second day.

I wanted to report that the videos do work on my android phone, galaxy s5. I can access the forum also. I'm doing this post on my phone now. Please excuse any typos.

Epitaph

Ebil Filleh Pega-Bat ^.^
Mentor
I've tried a couple of things, so far no problems... just made a donation to test that out and on this end all seems to have gone perfectly. The only thing I can really mention I think is the videos are not in order... they seem to start in order, then get an odd 2 or 3 out of place, then back to order. I don't know if this is to do with how recently people have watched them changes the order or something, but like right at the beginning, scrolling down, it goes 50, 48, 47, 46, 45, then back up to 49, then 51, then the logo, then carry on with the 40's again, and like this all the way down.

Also... 022 is missing...

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Yeah, in that respect . . . is it a good idea to number them?

You've had to pull videos in the past for content reasons and might need to do it again (e.g., Anti-Goat-Exploitation becomes a thing). If they're numbered it makes the gap obvious, as Epi just pointed out.

AustinFurey

Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Yeah, in that respect . . . is it a good idea to number them?

You've had to pull videos in the past for content reasons and might need to do it again (e.g., Anti-Goat-Exploitation becomes a thing). If they're numbered it makes the gap obvious, as Epi just pointed out.

Haha, this made me laugh.
We certainly don't have to number them, some numbers might end up missing in the future etc.
I think we will keep them numbered from a video management perspective and also because eventually there may be a lot of similarly titled videos and we want people to have an easy way to reference a video and a "shortcut" to finding it again.

aldalo

Alan
Austin
Really enjoyed watching these clips. ( although Max cam made me dizzy )
I would like to donate but where is the PayPal link?
This is right up there with the podcast. (Great Ideals )

Thanks, Alan

PlaneAddicted

Cub Crazy
I did not donate when I checked it out the first time(didn't have my paypal dongle with me). I now want to go back to donate but don't know how to get back to the donate page...maybe a link can be added to the top of the extra page so that we can donate and redonate in the future.

AustinFurey

Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I did not donate when I checked it out the first time(didn't have my paypal dongle with me). I now want to go back to donate but don't know how to get back to the donate page...maybe a link can be added to the top of the extra page so that we can donate and redonate in the future.

Great idea and this is actually already going to be implemented very soon. There will be a very thin banner at the top of the FT Extra page that will enable people to get back to the donation page. Thanks for being willing to donate! :)

EDIT: At the moment you can edit these settings by going to: http://flitetest.com/me/extra

Status
Not open for further replies.