Help! Build complete. Just need to order electronics.

okrylan

I have completed my noob tube first draft build. Just need to order electronics. when I posted earlier I had gotten the recommendation for the ft power pack so I think i will get that. Still many necessities missing like the controller and battery / charger. I want to buy products that will support long endurance flight as that is what I’m building up to being able to do. Thanks
C0CDC830-8B68-4BED-A38C-9F39461653E6.jpeg

Attachments

• A0F457AE-38D6-426A-A572-A1B2D3F69283.jpeg
    A0F457AE-38D6-426A-A572-A1B2D3F69283.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • F03ED804-C759-47D9-8559-C01B53723A17.jpeg
    F03ED804-C759-47D9-8559-C01B53723A17.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

FDS

Elite member
That type of plane will fly for around 5-10 mins depending on how much battery you put in and how low you run the throttle. The wing is quite short, it’s going to be quite fast flying. An 1806/2400kv motor, 30A esc and 6x4 APC type prop will get it going, on either a 2 s or 3s battery, stay under 850mah to keep the weight down.
Any decent radio system will travel far beyond the legal limit in most countries. Be aware it’s often illegal to fly beyond your own visual range, check laws before you decide on an expensive long range rig.
If you want to fly a really long way then TBS Crossfire is the most reliable way to do that, you will need a radio with a module bay and one that is crossfire compatible to do that.
Otherwise you are into the realms of semi autonomous flying, where you use a flight controller and GPS to help the craft navigate. Those use iNav, Pixhawk and arduino based systems, which are more complex to set up.
You should learn to fly line of sight first, there’s lots of good information on transmitters in this thread-
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/which-transmitter-you-should-buy.37966/

okrylan

Thanks!
That type of plane will fly for around 5-10 mins depending on how much battery you put in and how low you run the throttle. The wing is quite short, it’s going to be quite fast flying. An 1806/2400kv motor, 30A esc and 6x4 APC type prop will get it going, on either a 2 s or 3s battery, stay under 850mah to keep the weight down.
Any decent radio system will travel far beyond the legal limit in most countries. Be aware it’s often illegal to fly beyond your own visual range, check laws before you decide on an expensive long range rig.
If you want to fly a really long way then TBS Crossfire is the most reliable way to do that, you will need a radio with a module bay and one that is crossfire compatible to do that.
Otherwise you are into the realms of semi autonomous flying, where you use a flight controller and GPS to help the craft navigate. Those use iNav, Pixhawk and arduino based systems, which are more complex to set up.
You should learn to fly line of sight first, there’s lots of good information on transmitters in this thread-
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/which-transmitter-you-should-buy.37966/

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
For a beginner, I’d suggest a 2212 1000kv motor on 3S. I’d also recommend using the polyhedral wing. This will slow the plane a bit and give some inherent stability.

Reactions: FDS

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Both the battery & charger will work.

The battery is way overkill, you don’t need a 120C battery, a 25-30C battery is all you will need. High C batteries tend to be heavier & more expensive than lower C batteries.

I’ve had great results with the iMaxB6 charger, it’s inexpensive, works well & is more flexible.

Reactions: FDS