BUILD IS TAKING SHAPE!!

Prowla

happy to say i'm at about 80% completion of my simple cub. i want to do a few more custom painting things windows etc. but the major design is done. i designed my own pontoons need to add a cross member for support. (i may need to remake them a bit bigger we'll see. but always have wheels. custom built my own wing supports for fun and hard mounted my wing for no reason other then i wanted to do it that way. built a faux power pod for pictures. the lettering is vinyl i'm waiting for the wing letters ( I know it may not be proper airplane id number, but it is a easter egg to a childhood memory with my father. can any one figgure it out!?! ;) ) just waiting now to find a transmitter and saving to buy electrics, praying for money!!. i loved building i'm planing to do another soon as i get plans printed have not decided what plane to tackle next. i dream of fpv videos and tri copters in my future. anyone want to be besties and maybe trade or send me some gear!?! haha
IMG_0826.JPG
IMG_0828.JPG
IMG_0829.JPG
IMG_0830.JPG
IMG_0827.JPG
IMG_0831.JPG

P.s. if the flite test crew reads this the josh's, alex, stephen, and all the others who i havnt learn their names yet. thank you from the bottom of my heart i won't give a pity story here but i've been having a hard time personally and financially the last year, and since i found your videos i've been doing allot better even getting the motivation to build one of you models. thank you for making it easy to get in to the hobby and for all your great videos and everything you do. and all the flite test family on the fourms thank you for all the info you've givin so far i look forward to posting more and being involed as much as i can be in this hobbie and family thank you all.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Nice job for a first build mate.

You are not alone in finding Flite Test and having that contagious addiction to fun and flight dig you out of a dark place. The same thing has happened to me coming on three years now? (was a fan of FT nearly a year before I got brave enough to poke my head in the forums). I am also in a sad and leaky financial boat. I just do my research on what I want and squirrel away money a little at a time until I can afford a part or two and gather things until I have what is needed to build with. The hardest part is that getting started gear like radios and big dollar one time purchases. There have been many a time over the past few years I have shortened the grocery list or skipped a month on the electric bill so I was able to achieve my goal on something. It all comes with time.

Prowla

Nice job for a first build mate.

You are not alone in finding Flite Test and having that contagious addiction to fun and flight dig you out of a dark place. The same thing has happened to me coming on three years now? (was a fan of FT nearly a year before I got brave enough to poke my head in the forums). I am also in a sad and leaky financial boat. I just do my research on what I want and squirrel away money a little at a time until I can afford a part or two and gather things until I have what is needed to build with. The hardest part is that getting started gear like radios and big dollar one time purchases. There have been many a time over the past few years I have shortened the grocery list or skipped a month on the electric bill so I was able to achieve my goal on something. It all comes with time.

i know that leaky boat. going back to school this month so hopefull new job opertunitys will bring better gear!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
School is always good mate. Any time you can better yourself is a good thing. what are you planning to study?

Prowla

well i've done graphic design and this time i'm trying something a bit more dirty going to get my heavy equipment operators license. id like to get into land scape design in the future. just praying the right doors open up now!!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Getting your operators licence will be huge mate. That's good money and and skills that will always be needed. I started my working life in construction working for my stepfathers paving company. My first working heavy equipment experience was when a loader operator had an emergency and called out at the last minute. My stepfather handed me keys to Cat 920 and told me if I could get it started to start filling the dump trucks in the pit. I had experience on a back hoe so I was not totally a nub at running a loader.

Prowla

sounds like a blast to me. i've got a little experience on farm equipment driving old massy's around. and am quite skilled with a lift truck so i'm hoping those skills transfer. the school i'm going too will train me on three types of equipment of my choice i'm planing to do my class 3 with air brakes front end loader and escalator.
every one tells me heavy equipment is a good place to be so just praying now for the right connection at the right time!