Build log FTFC21 Seaplane build challenge Boeing B and W 1916

I get the basics but it is fairly snug, and it still did not work. i have ran out of ideas on how to keep it in place
Well first admit you must be doing it wrong.
Build a power pod exactly like Josh did. Because you're doing it wrong.
Clean cuts with a razor sharp knife. Not a butter knife. Not your teeth.
No duct tape. No four layers of tape. No "ton" of hot glue. Only as much as will help you.
Think your way through it. Think before you act. Think about why things work the way they do before you draw, before you cut, before you glue.
No 3D printed parts. No biplane. Nothing fancy designed to impress. I already told you my story before.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Well first admit you must be doing it wrong.
Build a power pod exactly like Josh did. Because you're doing it wrong.
Clean cuts with a razor sharp knife. Not a butter knife. Not your teeth.
No duct tape. No four layers of tape. No "ton" of hot glue. Only as much as will help you.
Think your way through it. Think before you act. Think about why things work the way they do before you draw, before you cut, before you glue.
No 3D printed parts. No biplane. Nothing fancy designed to impress. I already told you my story before.
ok. I will build it exactly as needed. will try thanks for the tips

It was every time it landed, so I just caught it lol
Every time you try to drill a hole in the ground. You need to use the right tool for the job.

11412.auger.jpg

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Sorry for the long time with no updates. the build went so fast that I couldnt have possibly posted picturres of the whole thing, it took like 30 minutes if you cut everything out. and for the pictures, I had so many other thinggs on my mind, I just forgot abotu updates on this threas. I launched it today, though, and here is what happenned. any ips? I jsut realized that throwing away a little bit of scale is fine. so any tips or remodelling would be fine and happily accepted. also, what video files does ft forums accept? mine right now is in.mov

Attachments

• IMG_9340.jpg
    IMG_9340.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 0

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
it looks like it hard rolled to the right... did you check your CRAP? did you have a stablizer configured backwords?... the only time I have seen a launch roll that hard on launch was when I had the roll backwords on my flight controller.
first of all, it is 3 ch.
as a second thought, could be tail heavy and tip stalled... that gif made it hard to watch... uploading a video to youtube to watch/rewind/slow/etc would be much easier to ID what was happening.
I do not have a channel or now how to do that for that matter. the quality did not go down from the .mov original file though. tail heavy might be actuall correct. I also watched ft's curtiss racer episode, and realized that my fuselage was twice as small as th mini scout, as was the tail. will make it that. though I though that means ther wingspan has to be 50 inches. going to see about that. maybe will pic it that the fuselage is similar to another plane and do that

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
the quality did not go down from the .mov original file though.

if that gif plays at the same speed as the .mov file... then you were very twitchy and it looks like it has to be powered downword as it went down faster then gravity alone could pull it down. it looked like it was at at least 2x fast forward speed.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
if that gif plays at the same speed as the .mov file... then you were very twitchy and it looks like it has to be powered downword as it went down faster then gravity alone could pull it down. it looked like it was at at least 2x fast forward speed.
it was not. I am fuguring out new wings for it for now. I am afraid that the slim 3 inch chord, combined, with the tiny,tail and very small fuselage adds up to waht happenned. working on a slightly larger v2 for now.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
oh ya, I just remembered it had to be sped up to take the file insert size to the ft forums. if possible watch it twice as slow. sorry I forgot to watch the gif before I put it up.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
oh ya, I just remembered it had to be sped up to take the file insert size to the ft forums. if possible watch it twice as slow. sorry I forgot to watch the gif before I put it up.
when you create a gif, you should be able to set the frame rate so you don't end up with the speedup effect (or you know... you could have just loaded the video to a video hosting site like YouTube and linked that... which would have worked better)

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
when you create a gif, you should be able to set the frame rate so you don't end up with the speedup effect (or you know... you could have just loaded the video to a video hosting site like YouTube and linked that... which would have worked better)
ok will try next time linking it from google drive.havent thought about that sorry.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
No... Pretty old. I don't even know how to change it if I wanted. But I like it!:giggle:
Still applies most days