[Build Log] QAV250 CF edition

MototechRyan

Wannabe Jedi
Maybe a little late here to chime in on the mystery of the first crash where you broke the arm...but I think one of your props broke in mid air. This recently happened to me. Brand new set of Gemfan 5030 CRF props. And only a few minutes into the flight my Versacopter just rolled over and landed upside-down. Going back to the video Of my crash, you can hear the high pitch blade sound suddenly change to a lower sound indicating the lose of one blade on one of the props. Plus when i went to retrieve my crashed upside down quad, all the props that broke on impact with the ground were stuck in the ground. The one that broke mid air was no where to be found. When I get a chance, I'll upload the video of my crash to youtube and post a link for comparison.

I want to build QAV250 or 210 so bad for FPV shannanogins

Ocean

Maybe a little late here to chime in on the mystery of the first crash where you broke the arm...but I think one of your props broke in mid air. This recently happened to me. Brand new set of Gemfan 5030 CRF props. And only a few minutes into the flight my Versacopter just rolled over and landed upside-down. Going back to the video Of my crash, you can hear the high pitch blade sound suddenly change to a lower sound indicating the lose of one blade on one of the props. Plus when i went to retrieve my crashed upside down quad, all the props that broke on impact with the ground were stuck in the ground. The one that broke mid air was no where to be found. When I get a chance, I'll upload the video of my crash to youtube and post a link for comparison.

I want to build QAV250 or 210 so bad for FPV shannanogins

Yes, I've had this happen alot of gemfan 6045. It's the main reason I switched over to ThugProps.

jipp

when i got my thug elite he sent me 2 sets of thug props.. they seem nice.. unfortunately living on this side of the pond.. not cost effective.

iv not had that issue with gemfans yet..
chris.

MototechRyan

Wannabe Jedi
My crash due to mid air prop break that seems eerily similar to nilsen's unexplained crash.

nilsen

My crash due to mid air prop break that seems eerily similar to nilsen's unexplained crash.

Woah, it does seem pretty similar. I must say I can't remember if all the props were still attached and how they looked, the devastation of the broken arm overtook all other emotions :)

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I've broken 6" gemfans before I even got off the ground more than once. Broken several while tightening prop nuts just by bumping them near the root with my fingers trying to grab the motor bell. Had one loose a blade before I got off the ground, and have had 2 toss blades in the air. And that was just on 1806 motors.