Build quad for the 1st time, need help, have tried everything and still cant fix it.

alboz14

Hello guys!
Before i relate my problem i want to say that i have been researching for my problem for one week, have been testing and still cant fix it.
So, i have build my first Quadcopter a 360class 8 inch props (i have a whoop also) and i ordered 5 DYS 2212 motors and 5 Multistar 20 A ESC, just to have one spare in any case.
After i build the quad, programmed the EagleTree Vector/TX/RX and soldered the wires to the PDB/esc/motor. I armed the quad for the first time. After i armed the quad motor3 did spin normally at idle throttle and then at 1/3 throttle twitches back and forth for a split second and when i raise the throttle more it goes back and forth very hard and gets hot fast.
I made the following actions chronologically :
1)Resoldered the wires from esc to motor 2)changed the motor screws with shorter ones 3)reslodered the esc wires to the PDB 4)changed the ESC 5) Changed the motor 6)swapped the order of the ESC wires on the PDB 7)changed the PDB
After all this nothing changed, same thing... . To make sure i do have or do not have faulty motor/esc, i tried the motor with a 60amp turnigy esc i have, the motor works perfectly... Also, i tried the suspicious esc with the motor of a crashed aerobatic plane i had, and that motor works perfectly fine and so does the esc.
After all these actions I dont know what to do anymore, i feel like god doesnt want me to fly quads haha.
Please any suggestions?

Bromego

If you have confirmed the ESC and the motor work, then it sounds like the Vector is the problem.....One way to tell is if you swap the signal wires on the Vector. Move motor 4 to move 3 and see if motor 4 now starts acting like the way old motor 3 did.

alboz14

Hey man, first, thank you for the reply!
I did swap the signal on the vector and still the same thing, now i was testing it without the vector but just with a servo tester, and it is still the same, it is very wired.
I will unsolder the functioning motors and link them with this esc, and link the problematic motor with the nonproblematic esc's, will keep testing...

alboz14

In conclusion the multistar 20 amp opto esc do not work well, i have 5 pieces and 2 of them malfunction. These two just dont work with the dys motors, but they work with other motors. With the dys motors, sometimes they behave fine, ad sometimes they lose power and become hot. The dys motors do work fine with any other esc, except these two multistar 20 amp opto. I dont know why! Gave up! Will order other esc's.

Bromego

In conclusion the multistar 20 amp opto esc do not work well, i have 5 pieces and 2 of them malfunction. These two just dont work with the dys motors, but they work with other motors. With the dys motors, sometimes they behave fine, ad sometimes they lose power and become hot. The dys motors do work fine with any other esc, except these two multistar 20 amp opto. I dont know why! Gave up! Will order other esc's.

Im a BIG fan of these

https://www.banggood.com/4X-Racerst...-p-1074732.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN