Building a new field flying box

landedit

Hello all! I am working on making a new box for taking with me to the field. I currently have an old box made out of half inch plywood hastily glued together and spray painted bright orange. While the box functions, I am looking to remake it and have something that isn't a complete embarrassment at places like flite fest :) Here are pictures of that

I will be cutting out the one side that is signed by Josh Bixler, Peter Sripol and David Windestal and put that somewhere in my workshop.

I don't have a concrete design as of yet because I am not sure what all I want to include in a new field box. My current list of items are my DX6, a bag of batteries, maybe two, my glasses, a bit of tape, a screwdriver and some props. As you can see in the pictures I have a secondary stanley box for a bunch of small parts. It is basically a mobile repair kit, I've got lock tight, rubber bands, servos, y harnesses, servo wire screws, literally a bit of everything because when I fly I always end needing something from that magic box :D

So my question for you great folks is, what are things you wish for in the field or things you usually take with you?

Also, I plan on making the plans in Sketchup, if there is interest, I'll post them here.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20180509_201423.jpg
    20180509_201423.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20180509_201437.jpg
    20180509_201437.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20180509_201733.jpg
    20180509_201733.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
How about a top lid which can be removed, flipped over and then refitted. The lid is upholstered to act as a cushion on a seat.

A seat is always welcome when not flying!

Have fun!

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
How about a top lid which can be removed, flipped over and then refitted. The lid is upholstered to act as a cushion on a seat.

A seat is always welcome when not flying!

Have fun!
Or for when you put up a giant motor glider and fly it for three hours...

I might just have to make a similar one for myself sometime soon, I cant fly everything at the field at the end of my street.

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
I need do make myself a mobile charging station for events and long days. I have a size 29DC battery that is a pain to move around. Need a rolling cart or something.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I'm getting ready to switch up my flying box too (when my new transmitter comes in) and this time I'll be adding space for a water bottle in addition to all the usual transmitter / charger / battery / spare props / tools / notebook spots.

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
I need do make myself a mobile charging station for events and long days. I have a size 29DC battery that is a pain to move around. Need a rolling cart or something.
TheWizard over on FPV Chat makes some amazing field charging kits. They are expensive at $160, but great quality.

mesadad

Hello all! I am working on making a new box for taking with me to the field. I currently have an old box made out of half inch plywood hastily glued together and spray painted bright orange. While the box functions, I am looking to remake it and have something that isn't a complete embarrassment at places like flite fest :)Here are pictures of that

I will be cutting out the one side that is signed by Josh Bixler, Peter Sripol and David Windestal and put that somewhere in my workshop.

I don't have a concrete design as of yet because I am not sure what all I want to include in a new field box. My current list of items are my DX6, a bag of batteries, maybe two, my glasses, a bit of tape, a screwdriver and some props. As you can see in the pictures I have a secondary stanley box for a bunch of small parts. It is basically a mobile repair kit, I've got lock tight, rubber bands, servos, y harnesses, servo wire screws, literally a bit of everything because when I fly I always end needing something from that magic box :D

So my question for you great folks is, what are things you wish for in the field or things you usually take with you?

Also, I plan on making the plans in Sketchup, if there is interest, I'll post them here.

Thanks!
I like the idea of the field box. just for S&G's, i even though of making one out of foam board, with drawers and compartments. Maybe foam board is not the greatest but a laser cut sheet of plywood plans and some good glue would make a great kit to put together.