Building an fpv plane

Skiflier

The camera and VTX don’t draw massive current. That battery would work in the Talon. I tend to buy a battery to suit the plane, not the other way around.
@Hondo76251 Large uk open spaces would easily fit in your ranch!
Alright, perfect thanks! That won't work for me this time, difficult to ship batteries to India :/

FDS

Elite member
@Skiflier Go sub 250 and ignore the rest! There’s a few designs around for set ups that work in that weight class and many are cheap to build too.

Skiflier

250 grams or less are not regulated, similar to Canada. Looking briefly at the regs in India... makes me glad I'm in Canada, I thought our rules were the worst.
Oh hahahah yes very true. They're so ridiculous it's almost to the point of not believing them xD

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Building that 250 gram fpv hawkeye thread is not for me... I have room to do about anythong here where I live... I'm doing it for my fellow fpv lovers that aren't so lucky.... Hence the title "sub 250 fpv" I'm just putting the finishing touches on my latest creation... Its uhf, LiIon and 4s all under 250 grams... The twin engine version with AIO camera is only 155 grams... ;)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
All I will say is if you trust banggood gear for long range AND can actually get somthing from them to work out of the box is that you be sure to add kiss your gear goodbye to ypur preflight checklist. That way you wont feel so bad.

Ps... its not the losing the gear that is the issue its what it hits when it comes down.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I've had better luck than most with my cheap chinese gear. I use that stuff on a lot of little scratch builds and projects for the kids but I would never use it on any serious FPV equipment, the cameras alone are too much of an investment!

I would say your best bet, especially given your country's drone rules, would be to go the sub 250 gram route. A lot of fun can be had with a small airframe and costs will stay relatively low...

Skiflier

Building that 250 gram fpv hawkeye thread is not for me... I have room to do about anythong here where I live... I'm doing it for my fellow fpv lovers that aren't so lucky.... Hence the title "sub 250 fpv" I'm just putting the finishing touches on my latest creation... Its uhf, LiIon and 4s all under 250 grams... The twin engine version with AIO camera is only 155 grams... ;)
Damn that sounds good xD lucky guy to know what you're doing
I've had better luck than most with my cheap chinese gear. I use that stuff on a lot of little scratch builds and projects for the kids but I would never use it on any serious FPV equipment, the cameras alone are too much of an investment!

I would say your best bet, especially given your country's drone rules, would be to go the sub 250 gram route. A lot of fun can be had with a small airframe and costs will stay relatively low...
Thanks! Will be doing this :) thanks to everyone for your help!