Building an FT Tutor from SBK advice

bisco

Elite member
Can you explain what the 125% refers to? I'd love to know.
And so to adjust throws on the fly at the tx (if I get myself into this situation) should I NOT do it the normal way on my Spektrum? Is there a sort of "Aura" screen to handle servo adjustments?
if you go to servo travel on the tx, you can adjust the percent of throw. interestingly, on eflite umx planes, they say not to exceed 99%, or you can damage the linear servos.
you can watch josh explain it in his basic aura set up video. you should not adjust throws on the fly with aura, you should land and adjust them at the board.

i'm no expert, just following the instructions, and it worked well on my duster.

alan0043

Can you explain what the 125% refers to? I'd love to know.
And so to adjust throws on the fly at the tx (if I get myself into this situation) should I NOT do it the normal way on my Spektrum? Is there a sort of "Aura" screen to handle servo adjustments?

I found this video. Look at time mark 2:11 this is were Josh starts to talk about servo throws.

if you go to servo travel on the tx, you can adjust the percent of throw. interestingly, on eflite umx planes, they say not to exceed 99%, or you can damage the linear servos.
you can watch josh explain it in his basic aura set up video. you should not adjust throws on the fly with aura, you should land and adjust them at the board.

i'm no expert, just following the instructions, and it worked well on my duster.
I found this video. Look at time mark 2:11 this is were Josh starts to talk about servo throws.
Thx guys - I'll watch when I get home from work.

I get the impression that 125% might have something to do with with how much the gyro will "push" to compensate for unwanted movement. That is, how much it will do work on its own. 125% can't have anything directly to do with servo max travel by itself, it has to be in comparison to whatever 100% means...

I also have a feeling that this is one of those questions that you can ask all over the place but nobody really gives a concise answer. Oh well.

WillL84

Hi Everyone,

I don't want to high jack the thread. But I do have a question about the Tutor that I built. I have also put an Aura 5 board in the plane. I followed what Josh said about the servos and control horns. I have also put 125% in the transmitter for the throws. Josh had an earlier video about the Aura board and this is where the 125% came from. Here is my question. I have only about 10 degrees of throw. This seems low. What do you guys think ?

I had the same problem until I realized my TX switch was set to beginner mode where it limits the throws. I flipped the switch to set the aura to expert mode and had full control throws

bisco

Elite member
Thx guys - I'll watch when I get home from work.

I get the impression that 125% might have something to do with with how much the gyro will "push" to compensate for unwanted movement. That is, how much it will do work on its own. 125% can't have anything directly to do with servo max travel by itself, it has to be in comparison to whatever 100% means...

I also have a feeling that this is one of those questions that you can ask all over the place but nobody really gives a concise answer. Oh well.
agree. maybe you could get an answer from aura, and josh might know, but that's too technical for his videos.

I had a rule that it didn't get paint until it flew after the last two models I destroyed. Guess while I'm rebuilding I might as well slap some paint on it lol
I think the crash is a reality check! :ROFLMAO: It's far too easy to put far too much into a "cardboard" toy. Then you're holding a pile of "I don't think I can repair this..."

I think the crash is a reality check! :ROFLMAO: It's far too easy to put far too much into a "cardboard" toy. Then you're holding a pile of "I don't think I can repair this..."

I think so. I mean the first two are still what I call "FT Brown," but I'm gonna paint this one now that I know that first two crashes were lack of skill and not bad building lol

I think so. I mean the first two are still what I call "FT Brown," but I'm gonna paint this one now that I know that first two crashes were lack of skill and not bad building lol
My last build is still FT Brown, and I love it that way.
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...se-scratch-building-tonight.60613/post-711912
I've seen some mind blowing paint jobs too, for sure. My current build I'm doing with Dollar Tree white, so I'll have to put some sort of color on it. :unsure: I'm trying to think of an easy way out. :LOL:

Concise answer: It's at 125 because of the deframulation of the confluence zone. Simple.
I hate you guys SO MUCH. :mad:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LMAO.jpg