Building my own swapable Cherokee, question about thrust angle.

Wes Vasher

Untitled-1.jpg Finally got to fly her today. Had to wait out the rain here in Michigan. It flew amazing. Of course being the first time for me flying for real (only simulator to this point) I made a couple mistakes. Didn't take it high enough right away and put it into the ground pretty quick. Oops. Broke my prop and pushed my powerpod mount back into the plain a little bit. So I'll have to repair the powerpod mount and get her back up. Seeing how hard I put it into the ground I couldn't believe how little damage it sustained. This foamboard is tough. Having the wing mounted with rubber bands probably saved it too. I gave it 3/4 throttle and it lifted right out of my hand, and it took off like a rocket. Had to throttle it way down. CG was great using only the battery placement to balance it. Didn't get a chance to trim it yet.

Not the easiest to fly plane to start with. I'm working on a trainer swappable right now too.

Last edited:

Wes Vasher

Thanks! I tried flying her for the second time tonight finally. The first time the plane took off like a rocket, so I gave it less throttle this time, didn't get enough thrust and came down before getting much air. Busted another prop and didn't have a spare on me.