Burnaby

Captain Jay

Elite member
Flying at a local field here at Burnaby Lake Flyer's Club "Hoods Up"
As the weather gets better we fly all the time there. Come join us on the nice days...
Sign up to our club as well, we are the least expensive in the lower mainland and have many spots open for new members. We also do training for new students to learn how to fly.
Cheers, see you at the field.

paradawks

An old thread, but I just joined the club and am hoping to learn to fly with the Explorer I just built. Still waiting to connect with my instructor there, but hopefully soon!

paperXwings

An old thread, but I just joined the club and am hoping to learn to fly with the Explorer I just built. Still waiting to connect with my instructor there, but hopefully soon!
how'd it work out? I've been eyeballing that club. I imagine it's only a matter of time before the neighbours get sick of me crashing my scratch builds in the school park.

paradawks

Great! I learned to fly on one of the instructor’s planes and got my A wings that way. I’ve built a few different Flite Test planes over the last year and flown them all there - got my B wings on a Simple Scout at the end of this season. There aren’t a lot of other builders in the club - most of the guys are just there to fly, but there’s a couple of us, and I’d welcome more!