Bush Plane Build Challenge II

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Wow! black bart seems light!
Yeah I think I used just a little over 2 sheets of foamboard, took a balsa build approach to the fuse to cut weight. Hoping that my wing works well, I designed that to be made from one sheet of foamboard, and I think I'm going to dial back the deflection on the flaps . I like the cargo doors but noticed last night that I need to be able to open them from the outside not inside LOL! Quick mod to fix that.

Battery800

Elite member
Welp.. I did maiden the cormorant at flite fest, and was planning to do the challenges this weekend and next week, but there’s a tfr for Friday through Sunday (I live in Delaware so there is a huge no fly zone when Biden is here). On top of that, I was working on the cormorant this weekend and cut a gash in my right thumb, and got two stitches. Maybe I can try for Monday and Tuesday :confused:

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Just finished my plane! I posted an update on the thread for it.
I plan to maiden tomorrow and do the payload challenge right after. Then on Sunday I hope to do durability and the STOL exhibition. It took me a little long to build this, so the deadline is a bit tight. I think it’ll be fine though.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Just finished my plane! I posted an update on the thread for it.
I plan to maiden tomorrow and do the payload challenge right after. Then on Sunday I hope to do durability and the STOL exhibition. It took me a little long to build this, so the deadline is a bit tight. I think it’ll be fine though.
We all got so busy this summer, At this point, it doesnt look like you'll have a lot of competition! Lol.
I'd sandbag the payload,save on the airframe, nail the landing and exhibition for the win! 😂😜

OliverW

Legendary member
Called it!
Screenshot_20210724-101737_Facebook.jpg

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Just did the maiden and payload challenge.
The plane didn’t lift as much weight as last time because a flap issue forced me to stop, and I decided that the plane was getting close to its limit anyways. It could carry more than last time, I’m sure of it, but I decided that it just wasn’t worth it. I will get the flap issue worked out and tomorrow see if I can finish the challenges.

I noticed that not many people are uploading any videos or doing any stuff with their planes. Is anybody else competing this year?

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
The plane didn’t lift as much weight as last time because a flap issue forced me to stop, and I decided that the plane was getting close to its limit anyways. It could carry more than last time, I’m sure of it, but I decided that it just wasn’t worth it. I will get the flap issue worked out and tomorrow see if I can finish the challenges.

I noticed that not many people are uploading any videos or doing any stuff with their planes. Is anybody else competing this year?
Just packing up Black Bart and heading out shortly, but I was wondering the same thing myself though:unsure:

william Metge

I’m on my way home from out of town, these last two weeks have been a lot of travel and so I haven’t been able to fly my WeedWacker recently. But I’m hoping to get it in the air tomorrow and finish as many challenges as possible, I should be able to get a couple challenges done if the conditions allow. As long as conditions are good and I don’t crash, I should be able to get the videos in.

william Metge

I’m on my way home from out of town, these last two weeks have been a lot of travel and so I haven’t been able to fly my WeedWacker recently. But I’m hoping to get it in the air tomorrow and finish as many challenges as possible, I should be able to get a couple challenges done if the conditions allow. As long as conditions are good and I don’t crash, I should be able to get the videos in.
I just realized that I’ll be out till Wednesday and won’t be able to fly till Thursday. I might have to take some wind during the challenges.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
So I just did durability. I have to wait till tomorrow to finish the last challenge, but the deadline is today... Do you guys think that I can have an extra day or two for the last challenge and video editing? I should have everything in by tomorrow though.