Bush Plane Build Challenge II

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Took Black Bart out today, had a little mishap...video uploading now. will post link when complete.
IMG_20210801_121442761.jpg

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Here is video link, poor Bart:eek:

After reviewing two things jump out at me, I did not notice the elevator had some up to it and that I had put the battery from the Racer into Black Bart when it should have been a 4s 2250 not a 3s 2200 , so I was tail heavy in the end. Can't believe I didn't do a CG check. Another foot higher and i would have landed in waist high bush and grass

Last edited:

Hondo76251

Legendary member

After reviewing two things jump out at me, I did not notice the elevator had some up to it and that I had put the battery from the Racer into Black Bart when it should have been a 4s 2250 not a 3s 2200 , so I was tail heavy in the end. Can't believe I didn't do a CG check. Another foot higher and i would have landed in waist high bush and grass

Ouch! She was all kinds of out of sorts, bummer

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
By the way it was an absolute pleasure to have participated in this challenge, it made me push myself to another level in the hobby and I got to participate with a lot of other people from all over the place and learn from their experiences as well. Bart2 will be back next year !

william Metge

Sure looked tail heavy, that really sucks. I'm out of the count too, the weedwacker was not flying well and was unable to perform yesterday.