Bush Plane Build Challenge II

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
And if I hear anybody complaining about the size of my tailfeathers .... LOL! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
IMG_20210427_190512634.jpg
IMG_20210427_190426724.jpg
IMG_20210427_190416934.jpg
IMG_20210427_190406848.jpg

william Metge

Elevator and rudder servos are in and another piece of skin is on. Just bending rear tailgear now so that I can install and button up the last skin on the rear fuse. Wings are cut but probably won't get at them tonight. How are the rest of you all making out? View attachment 199247 View attachment 199248 View attachment 199250 View attachment 199251
Well, for starters, I am NOT Making out, But I know what you mean, I am currently working on my wing, after it I'll do the hatches and nose and power system. After that is gear and maiden flight.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Well had a couple days away from the hangar, had my first Covid shot on Friday and probably experienced every side effect possible yesterday LOL. Feeling better today so trying to wrap this up , engine is arriving tommorrow. Got the rear window and side doors mounted and installed, One section to finish on rear fuse and then can start forming the front end , looking forward to a good day of building.
IMG_20210501_192814199.jpg
IMG_20210501_192923727.jpg
IMG_20210502_100520829.jpg

quorneng

Master member
Just a question about the payload challenge.
Is it calculated as a proportion of the planes normal flying weight rather than the actual weight which would of course favour the biggest planes.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Thanks.
I did not read the challenge rules carefully enough.
My bad!
No worries,

The idea is to make is to make it feasible for everyone regardless of where and what they can fly.

Ideally you would have your max payload for the challenge in one continuous shot on video. Make a take off and landing with the plane as light as possible then weigh it after landing. This is the weight your payload will be referenced to. Then add your payload and do it again. Uppon landing, weigh the plane. Deduct the weight of your craft (from the first flight) and this is your payload.

If your plane flew at 200 grams, and then flew at 400 grams, your payload would be 200 grams. 200/200 or a 1:1 ratio. Best ratio wins.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
I like the way U constructed the fuse. U just gave me some ideas for my next couple of projects. Outstanding work U gat there.
trying to combine the best of both worlds, my first experience building planes was free flight balsa kits when I was a kid then forty some odd years later I'm doing this, LOL, . I based this one from balsa plans and here I am, a lot of tweaking along the way but I managed to save what I did so I can tweak it from there . It is solid and it is light right now which is what I was hoping for, and by the way your stuff is awesome, love it

cyclone3350

Master member
trying to combine the best of both worlds, my first experience building planes was free flight balsa kits when I was a kid then forty some odd years later I'm doing this, LOL, . I based this one from balsa plans and here I am, a lot of tweaking along the way but I managed to save what I did so I can tweak it from there . It is solid and it is light right now which is what I was hoping for, and by the way your stuff is awesome, love it

U and I have a lot in common. I too have started out with balsa FF in the same timeline.