Bush plane build challenge

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Actually, 1 mL of water = 1g so you don't even need to weigh it. The metric system at its best.
Ahh, but a pint is a pound all the world around... ;)

Also, while trying to do the challenge I severely damaged one of my wheels, so I can still make a new set and it will still be ok right?
Edit: I wrote 1320 as the max capacity but it was really 1323 so I changed it.

Nicely done!

Yes, I think we all kind of figured there'd have to be some repairs along the way

can you take my name off the entry list? I hurt my knee and am on crutches and I can't enter :(

Even if you're DNF you still better stick around and vote! The exhibition challenge is viewer voted.

Looking forward to getting seeing some of yall's exhibition challenges soon!

I’ve been lacking motivation lately, but I’m hoping to get the minor cruiser done this week.

Busy time of year for me too, hard to use my spare time well when my build rooms still a disaster and it gets dark at 4:30!

Welcome back Sir! We are eager to see scrappy.

I'll get the video posted early this week, then ya'll will see why I had to wait so long to get her up! lol

Tell that to the stupid wind and rain. :mad:

Counting on some good weather this week for the home stretch, but we'll see...

mdcerdan

Elite member
Well, I killed my bird...
Yesterday morning I went to the field after a couple days of heavy rain and wind that flooded the streets of the city. Still windy, about 10mph but I wanted to fly so bad that I gave it a try.
It had a bad tendency to tip stall, too much wing loading and a crappy build quality so was no surprise that it was doomed to fail. In calm days after sunset was a joy to fly but with some wind it morphed into a wild animal.

So this was the last moments of my plane, it broke the firewall, cracked the wood reinforcement of the fuselage and crushed the front end so I now have some weird thrust angle.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Well, I killed my bird...
Yesterday morning I went to the field after a couple days of heavy rain and wind that flooded the streets of the city. Still windy, about 10mph but I wanted to fly so bad that I gave it a try.
It had a bad tendency to tip stall, too much wing loading and a crappy build quality so was no surprise that it was doomed to fail. In calm days after sunset was a joy to fly but with some wind it morphed into a wild animal.

So this was the last moments of my plane, it broke the firewall, cracked the wood reinforcement of the fuselage and crushed the front end so I now have some weird thrust angle.

Are you gonna try to fix it?

Hondo76251

Legendary member
May be not, it is badly twisted. I will use my 60" bushplane for the rest of the challenge (the one in my avatar). Not enough time to make a new one

Up to you, I've had a lot of planes survive way worse than that! Heck, I've put my current bush plane in that hard several times. Its all in between takes of course but I had some learning curve before I got her dialed in. A little hot glue and reinforcement goes a long ways...