Bush plane build challenge

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
All right, here is the video for the durability challenge. I finally got it all edited and uploaded today.
There are about 3 landings where I don't know if I did a full 180 or not (the first one for example), so I guess you can check and decide to include them or not based on what you think.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
There are about 3 landings where I don't know if I did a full 180 or not (the first one for example), so I guess you can check and decide to include them or not based on what you think.

Letter of the law vs intent of the law....

The "turn around" rule was put in place to prevent contestants from doing touch and goes as part of the durability challenge. I don't feel like anyone will feel cheated by a full stop, partial turn around as part of the contest.

Should we end up in a tie, however,

we may have an audit and recount the votes... lol

mdcerdan

Elite member
Up to you, I've had a lot of planes survive way worse than that! Heck, I've put my current bush plane in that hard several times. Its all in between takes of course but I had some learning curve before I got her dialed in. A little hot glue and reinforcement goes a long ways...
I am working on a new project, so I will put the Ranquel aside for now. This is what I have done so far.
20201116_195507.jpg

Flyingshark

Master member
I'm not going to be able to finish any planes in time, so I'm gonna have to withdraw from the challenge. I'll be sure to keep up on what you guys are doing though, maybe I'll get some ideas for the future. :) Sooo, good luck everybody!

Test Fly RC

Elite member
Letter of the law vs intent of the law....

The "turn around" rule was put in place to prevent contestants from doing touch and goes as part of the durability challenge. I don't feel like anyone will feel cheated by a full stop, partial turn around as part of the contest.

Should we end up in a tie, however,

we may have an audit and recount the votes... lol
Or somebody might Contest the vote! Lol!;)

bf109g-14

I'm having a lot of trouble with my KitFox. I'm still trying to get it up in time though, the one I'm most nervous about is the weight challenge. It has already proven to not take to extra weight too well.

bf109g-14

I just crashed it yesterday and ripped the nose off. The prop somehow survived and runs fine, though... Good job Mater Airscrew!

mdcerdan

Elite member
I'm having a lot of trouble with my KitFox. I'm still trying to get it up in time though, the one I'm most nervous about is the weight challenge. It has already proven to not take to extra weight too well.

Same problem here. The little Ranquel is too heavy to carry any load. Wing loading is much higher than I use to fly, I am mostly a glider guy.
I manage to repair the nose but it is mostly glue and crushed styrofoam now. After some analysis I belive it was too nose heavy but I need to test it in flight.
Worst thing is my field is now a mud pond. It poured 10 month worth of rain in 45 minutes and it keeps raining. I should be making some floats.

bf109g-14

Same problem here. The little Ranquel is too heavy to carry any load. Wing loading is much higher than I use to fly, I am mostly a glider guy.
I manage to repair the nose but it is mostly glue and crushed styrofoam now. After some analysis I belive it was too nose heavy but I need to test it in flight.
Worst thing is my field is now a mud pond. It poured 10 month worth of rain in 45 minutes and it keeps raining. I should be making some floats.
I love California weather sometimes. That's a problem I don't have.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
we had the same thing 180ml in 12 hours....... climate change is real