Bush plane build challenge

mdcerdan

Elite member
Depends on where in California. It just rained the last few days for me, but at least it wasn’t pouring. We don’t seem to get serious pouring rain here much.

I live in a desert, about 200mm of rain in a year. I never had an umbrella or raincoat in my life. But when it rains you better run for cover because it usually comes with hail as big as the size of an egg.
This video is from last week storm. Luckily I live a few miles away from the capital city.

Last edited:

bf109g-14

I live in a desert, about 200mm of rain in a year. I never had an umbrella or raincoat in my life. But when it rain you better run for cover because it usualy come with hail as big as the size of an egg.
This video is from last week storm. Lukily I live a few miles away from the capital city.
Wow that's crazy.

bf109g-14

FINALLY got a good flight! With the new wing it flies well, but it's sensitive to rolling due to torque, that was the problem when I blew the nose off. I'm so happy, it was a long time coming. Took a lot more work, but the feeling of taking off was amazing, better than anything I'd ever flown before. Had to be careful on takeoff, due to the torque, but a couple washers should fix that. It really wants to pop off the ground, and I was cruising on 10% throttle. It's got so much lift. I love it. I'll have a video up in a bit.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
FINALLY got a good flight! With the new wing it flies well, but it's sensitive to rolling due to torque, that was the problem when I blew the nose off. I'm so happy, it was a long time coming. Took a lot more work, but the feeling of taking off was amazing, better than anything I'd ever flown before. Had to be careful on takeoff, due to the torque, but a couple washers should fix that. It really wants to pop off the ground, and I was cruising on 10% throttle. It's got so much lift. I love it. I'll have a video up in a bit.
what plane is it.?

Hondo76251

Legendary member
5 days remaining!

Been busy here, between hunting season, shipping season, trying to get everything winterized season...

I've got a lot of video editing to do myself, lots of loose ends to tie up this week!

I also ordered some little 2nd and 3rd place prizes, hopefully they get here by weeks end (shipping's been all screwy lately for some reason...)

Good Luck Everyone!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
5 days remaining!

Been busy here, between hunting season, shipping season, trying to get everything winterized season...

I've got a lot of video editing to do myself, lots of loose ends to tie up this week!

I also ordered some little 2nd and 3rd place prizes, hopefully they get here by weeks end (shipping's been all screwy lately for some reason...)

Good Luck Everyone!
I'm out just checked there has been a 3 week delay on the shipping for my electronics.......:devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
5 days remaining!

Good Luck Everyone!
Thanks man! I’ll have to work fast I guess. I’ll be flying with @SquirrelTail and @Samh tomorrow, so Monday will be a marathon day haha.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Go big or go home!

I got 2lbs in the air and decided to go for 3!

Mostly cosmetic damage though, she'll be good as new in no time (although she might weigh a bit more!) Lol

20201122_160311.jpg

mdcerdan

Elite member
Go big or go home!

I got 2lbs in the air and decided to go for 3!

Mostly cosmetic damage though, she'll be good as new in no time (although she might weigh a bit more!) Lol

View attachment 183965
I just come home from the field. I have to check the video but I put one kilo in the air. When I put some more it did not take off and broke a wheel. I have a lot of videos to edit but I can tell you guys I will not win the challenge but I had a ton of fun.
Also maiden my father's Cub. It is a joy to fly.
20201122_202041.jpg