Bush Plane Challenge III, 2022

Scotto

Elite member
Well, i guess if @Scotto is ok with an extension I am too.

I didn't get much done in this event either and I've still got a simple cub and a Tudor to build!

I think we've got a good set of challenges now but i know, at least for me, most of my building and flying is in the fall when things slow down a bit.

Hows that work for everyone?
Sounds good. The more the merrier! Motion carries, party continues.

william Metge

Well, i guess if @Scotto is ok with an extension I am too.

I didn't get much done in this event either and I've still got a simple cub and a Tudor to build!

I think we've got a good set of challenges now but i know, at least for me, most of my building and flying is in the fall when things slow down a bit.

Hows that work for everyone?
I would love that. I’m just getting into calmer weather and my plane is ready to go.

AgentC

Elite member
Random sidenote and observation:

As a newby into RC planes (Since December 2021), this contest has actually been a real learning experience, having to work on landing and taking off (still a work in progress!), But then also stretching and learning new skills such as flying with a super-heavy load and of course, crashing into things while trying to make it look good...

I know I'm not in the running to win, but taking part and having to push past normal beginner-flying and building has been awesome and I'm excited to have another stab at it with the extension :)

william Metge

As a newby into RC planes (Since December 2021), this contest has actually been a real learning experience, having to work on landing and taking off (still a work in progress!), But then also stretching and learning new skills such as flying with a super-heavy load and of course, crashing into things while trying to make it look good...

I know I'm not in the running to win, but taking part and having to push past normal beginner-flying and building has been awesome and I'm excited to have another stab at it with the extension :)
I had the exact same experience 2 years ago when this challenge was first made. It’s been a blast and every year after the challenge ends I start on the next year’s build.

Bo123

Elite member
I did some practice bush-flying at the beach the other day.
9552518E-A5D5-4B42-82CD-7EA9483444CC.jpeg

Scotto

Elite member

You are definetly in the running to win. You made flying a tiny plane look easy. I can barely fly anything that small. You should scale your plane up to 50-60 inch wingspan. Have all your planes been minis?

Thanks for the kind words.

Bo123

Elite member
I put some…. T H I C C wheels on it.Cut circles out of that squishy packing foam, amd covered them in electrical tape. Basically bush wheels lol. I tried to test but the rudder came of, so I had to crash land, which damaged the landing gear. I started repairs last night though.

Scotto

Elite member
I think I'm going to have another try at it.
The last build was a little sketchy because I had a way to big motor on it.
I'm probably going to build a simple aircraft like a FT bushwacker.
Here's the video of the FT bushwacker.
I think most guys agree the bushwacker tends to be tailheavy and suggest stretching the nose out an inch or so.