Bush Plane Challenge III, 2022

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I think most guys agree the bushwacker tends to be tailheavy and suggest stretching the nose out an inch or so.
I like to remove the inner paper and build the tail section using gorilla glue instead of hot glue. Seems to put them at about the right CG without other mods.

Scotto

Elite member
I glued my wrecked twin twirl rotors on my flaps just to see what would happen. Any guesses what happened?
20220727_235907.jpg 20220727_235828.jpg

L Edge

Master member
I glued my wrecked twin twirl rotors on my flaps just to see what would happen. Any guesses what happened?
View attachment 228812 View attachment 228813

Should be an excellent STOL and lifting payload if you find the right location. Suggest you put the flaps on a slider or rotary knob starting from zero. I had to change the autogyro angle on mine to get it to fly properly.

Actually, that is a wild idea that should work. Lift of twirl and lift of wing will require battery movement. Please video.
Someone built a twirl setup awhile back.

Scotto

Elite member
Should be an excellent STOL and lifting payload if you find the right location. Suggest you put the flaps on a slider or rotary knob starting from zero. I had to change the autogyro angle on mine to get it to fly properly.

Actually, that is a wild idea that should work. Lift of twirl and lift of wing will require battery movement. Please video.
Someone built a twirl setup awhile back.
That is what I thought too. I thought if it was controllable at all it would pitch down too much when the flaps went down and crash. I moved the battery back a little. Its very un-scale and I doubt anyone would try it manned but its fun. Actually I see things all the time I cant believe a man got in and tried to fly so who knows. Patent pending :LOL:. I just need a good acronym to really sell it:unsure:lol. Just kidding.

Video https://odysee.com/@Scotto:7/Superflaps-1:8

Last edited:

Taildragger

Legendary member
That is what I thought too. I thought if it was controllable at all it would pitch down too much when the flaps went down and crash. I moved the battery back a little. Its very un-scale and I doubt anyone would try it manned but its fun. Actually I see things all the time I cant believe a man got in and tried to fly so who knows. Patent pending :LOL:. I just need a good acronym to really sell it:unsure:lol. Just kidding.

Patey could do it! lol

william Metge

I can't believe it actually flew.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
What counts as a bush plane? Can a crop duster compete?
We do call it the Bush plane challenge, but by no means is it limited to any particular style of airframe. By the parameters set for the competition, any plane that can deliver a payload to an off airport location fits the bill. I would certainly think that would include the crop duster! Heck, the air tractor might be the best plane ever built for such a job! Lol
On that note, a lot of war birds would fit the bill as well.