Bush Tandem!

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Toying with some wheel designs...

20200929_175322.jpg

Going to keep the DHC-2 as FliteTest as possile. Scrappy on the other hand will have some repurposed parts left from another build... ;)

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Have my block all torn down, tranny setting on a shelf, waiting to sell calves this fall to see if I can afford to get her drivable this winter! I've owned many "hot rods" over the years by the '67 Galaxy 500 has always been my Eleanor!

Have my block all torn down, tranny setting on a shelf, waiting to sell calves this fall to see if I can afford to get her drivable this winter! I've owned many "hot rods" over the years by the '67 Galaxy 500 has always been my Eleanor!
Oh no. Good on you! I can imagine how that car gets your blood pumping! Over the years when I've seen and heard a hot Chevelle, it's a feeling like I can't describe. The rumble goes right through your chest and it's an experience like no other, holds your attention as much as anything ever could. (y)

Now go back to the thread you MEANT to post on. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Now go back to the thread you MEANT to post on. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Oh I did already, just have to stick around and give you a hard time now that I know you're a chevy guy! ;)

The FE might be an old "tractor motor" but when she's got a cam and some headers, its one mean sounding tractor!

I've owned several 454's but I could never beat this sound!

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I can't give you a hard time about your band aids until I have something other than the rattle-can abomination someone did to my poor car! lol

Looks amazing!! Good luck on the maiden!
Thank you @The Hangar! Good thing is I have a plan to use a nearby astroturf field for a maiden. It gets loaded with people sometimes treating the space like an organized outdoor gym since the shutdown, but at the right time I can have it mostly to myself. By Sunday or Monday I should be good. Woo hoo! Already printed the next beast. It feels like there's something missing when I don't have a project on the bench.

Took the monster to the astroturf field this morning. Taxis like a race car, but I need to adjust the wheels, it wants to turn pretty strong to the left. Rudder fixes that but it's not supposed to fly on the ground anyway!!

Ridiculous mistake! This morning I put hooky velcro instead of fuzzy velcro for the battery hold-down inside the fuse, so at the field I couldn't really get the battery to stay secure.

I was quite nose heavy. Fought with that for a bit, shot a snippet of video of the plane up off the ground for a few seconds. But I needed to call it quits before I wrecked it! Going out again this week for a proper maiden.

Test flight.
I learned something: The wing will hold together just fine unless you crash it. :cautious:

I know how I can reinforce the wing, but that's not really the problem. I didn't get a chance to dial in the CG and whatever else before I broke it. It's completely fixable and I'm sure it'll fly once I figure it out but I'm getting a little bit frustrated.

Someone here said a couple months ago that he stopped trying to make his planes too precious once he realized that he builds to fly. Well I'm a design/build guy. Of course we need proof that it flies well (or doesn't) or else the project won't be complete. Going out and getting frustrated with it isn't a lot of incentive to go fly. A well-designed plane that's an easy flier helps me get out to the field.

I feel myself slowing down on this particular plane right now...

Timmy

Legendary member
Test flight.
I learned something: The wing will hold together just fine unless you crash it. :cautious:

I know how I can reinforce the wing, but that's not really the problem. I didn't get a chance to dial in the CG and whatever else before I broke it. It's completely fixable and I'm sure it'll fly once I figure it out but I'm getting a little bit frustrated.

Someone here said a couple months ago that he stopped trying to make his planes too precious once he realized that he builds to fly. Well I'm a design/build guy. Of course we need proof that it flies well (or doesn't) or else the project won't be complete. Going out and getting frustrated with it isn't a lot of incentive to go fly. A well-designed plane that's an easy flier helps me get out to the field.

I can't see the video:(

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Test flight.

It sure flew though! Congrats!