Help! Bushwacker battery

Justindelo

Hello everyone, just looking to see what suggestions everyone might have as to mounting my battery in my bushwacker scratch build. It has much more room than my first build (p40) however where i think the battery would go would obviously fly out mid flight. Is their a place for the battery that would keep it contained, or do i need to come up with a way to mount it into place?

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Hello everyone, just looking to see what suggestions everyone might have as to mounting my battery in my bushwacker scratch build. It has much more room than my first build (p40) however where i think the battery would go would obviously fly out mid flight. Is their a place for the battery that would keep it contained, or do i need to come up with a way to mount it into place?
normally we use velcro to stick the battery in place.. prickly on the battery and fluffy on the plane.
NOTE: do not use a lot, or you may not get it off without tearing the paper off the foam

Sero

Elite member
On my Bushwacker I put it in the power pod so I can get it as far forward as possible to help with CG. I use Velcro ties as @Merv said when ever possible, the adhesive Velcro does come off at times, especially in cold climates.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Im starting this build , never saw any where where the battery is supposed to go???
The battery is moved forward or aft to make the plane balance on the CG point marked on the plans. The exact location will be different for everyone as we all have different building stiles and may use different components. I prefer to locate the battery beneath the power pod, this gives me more room to move the battery to get a proper CG. Others prefer to locate the battery inside the power pod. Both places will work just as long as the correct balance can be achieved.

Getting the balance correct is critical, a nose heavy plane flies poorly, a tail heavy plane only flies once.

Sero

Elite member
Im starting this build , never saw any where where the battery is supposed to go???
The bushwacker often comes out tail heavy, so keep that in mind when building, build the tail light. This also means that you usually have to put the battery as far forward as possible, the 2 choices are under or in the power pod.

slowjo

Master member
The bushwacker often comes out tail heavy, so keep that in mind when building, build the tail light. This also means that you usually have to put the battery as far forward as possible, the 2 choices are under or in the power pod.
THX friend, anything I saw was Very Vague

slowjo

Master member
The battery is moved forward or aft to make the plane balance on the CG point marked on the plans. The exact location will be different for everyone as we all have different building stiles and may use different components. I prefer to locate the battery beneath the power pod, this gives me more room to move the battery to get a proper CG. Others prefer to locate the battery inside the power pod. Both places will work just as long as the correct balance can be achieved.

Getting the balance correct is critical, a nose heavy plane flies poorly, a tail heavy plane only flies once.
THX