Bushwacker Build Crooked Tail

jack10525

I built a FT Bushwacker and my tail came out crooked. The alignment of the front wing and back wing is off a few degrees. I wonder if it will still fly ok or I should try correcting it. I'm just not sure how to go about it.

Attachments

• IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 0

basslord1124

Master member
I honestly can't predict how it will fly, maybe some bank? I have the FT Seaduck and somehow one nacelle became higher than the other creating what you have there but not as steep. It flew fine other than needing some down elevator trim.

In the end though, since it's foamboard and easy to cut, I would try and physically correct it as much as you possibly can now.

Last edited:

jack10525

I am debating maidening it first to see how it flies. I could always cut the fuse just in front of the tail and realign.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
ya, i would go for it and see what happens. i think you can probably trim it out with your Tx.

good luck,

me :cool:

d8veh

Elite member
It'll fly OK. I doubt that you'll notice any difference from how it should be, though it would be a different matter if you were trying to fly precision aerobatics. You'd be surprised at how crooked an RC plane can be and still fly.

You might need to adjust your trims a bit (maybe lots) to compensate. If you haven't flow before, it would be best to get an experienced pilot to do that, otherwise get the plane nice and high, let go of the sticks at half-throttle and make it go straight and level with the trims.

BS projects inc.

Elite member
Same thing happened to me at FFO. just prop up the downward side with a bbq skewer and even if you don't it won't make much of a difference.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
It should fly just fine. Your loops may not be perfect, more like a corkscrew.

jack10525

Yeah I was about to toss it in the air today as it sits but it was just too dang windy. I did manage to fly my scratch built ugly stick. This thing is not the most elegant flyer but it does well in windy conditions for some reason. Ended up smacking it into a 8 ft tall 4" pole. I bet I couldn't hit that again if I tried. I swear it just popped up out of no where!!!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I’ve had the same problem with trees, the just reach out and grab my plane.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Charlie Brown had a "Kite Eating Tree." I've got a Quad Eating Tree that not only reaches out, it's got gravitational tractor beams. It is the Death Star of trees, and when it gets its weapons online, my aircraft are in trouble.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Charlie Brown had a "Kite Eating Tree." I've got a Quad Eating Tree that not only reaches out, it's got gravitational tractor beams. It is the Death Star of trees, and when it gets its weapons online, my aircraft are in trouble.

That's funny you mention a tractor beam, I've noticed a lot more Gravity Waves lately. They are defiantly getting worse. Why just yesterday I was flying inverted, about 5 feet off the ground. And you guessed it, a gravity wave sucked my plane straight into the ground. You can't just "make up" this kind of stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_wave

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
That's funny you mention a tractor beam, I've noticed a lot more Gravity Waves lately. They are defiantly getting worse. Why just yesterday I was flying inverted, about 5 feet off the ground. And you guessed it, a gravity wave sucked my plane straight into the ground. You can't just "make up" this kind of stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_wave

Great... Now I'll never know if it was my lack of skill, or a natural phenomena that caused my first flight to crash (when I do). Has anyone shared this information with Txwarthog?

d8veh

Elite member
It's not just aeroplanes that are affected either. Have you noticed how when you're cycling, pedestrians that are walking straight, suddenly deviate into your path when you get about 10ft from them, and in the supermarket as you walk down the isles, every person looking at something on a shelf takes two steps back just as you try and pass.

I found a solution to planes that fly into walls or trees:
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
It's not just aeroplanes that are affected either. Have you noticed how when you're cycling, pedestrians that are walking straight, suddenly deviate into your path when you get about 10ft from them, and in the supermarket as you walk down the isles, every person looking at something on a shelf takes two steps back just as you try and pass.

Now lets not get off topic here. Your talking about Russian Mind Control, not gravity waves.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!

I found a solution to planes that fly into walls or trees:

That is not just nuts, it's scary.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Now lets not get off topic here. Your talking about Russian Mind Control, not gravity waves.

NO! The Russians use mind control to make gravity waves? That's a revelation! The Russians don't want us to fly RC, or shop, or ride bicycles. Mind-controlled gravity waves are everywhere! Where's my tinfoil hat. I just had it...

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
NO! The Russians use mind control to make gravity waves? That's a revelation! The Russians don't want us to fly RC, or shop, or ride bicycles. Mind-controlled gravity waves are everywhere! Where's my tinfoil hat. I just had it...

You know I never would have thought of that. I think your right, sorry I thought you were getting off topic.

Last edited: