Buy Foam to Build FT models in France???

Hey there,
Any FT Fans in France??
Where would you guys buy the foam to build the aeroplanes?
I would like to build an FT spear from scratch but I am having issues finding stores that could sell the right type of foam...
Halp pls :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Rabid Sheep.
Je sais que il y'ont autres gens qui vive en France en le forum. Avec un peu des jour peut etre que ils repondent. Si non, je les cherche quelqu'un pour toi.

Until then, would you tell us about yourself with your interest and experience in the hobby.

And please pardon my French. I used to speak it well but it's more of a perishible skill than I anticipated decades ago.

Bien venue au forum.
—Jim

Hey jim,
:D haha, don't worry, i'm fluent in both languages :D

But thank's for the really nice reply!

As for my experience in the hobby, I've been flying FPV with a 5" Alien for about 3 months and i'm having so much fun!!!
There's a massive forest around Fontainebleau, so i get to rip all the spots!
Recently, I've been doing "drone parties" with my friends, where we go out and fly for the whole day at some cool spot.
Yesterday, a friend brought a flying wing and I got to chase it... now I really want to build onne!

Damn, they allways talk about how the Forums and the FT Community is amazing in the videos, but it really is!
Thank's for all your help :)

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
Hi,
Jim ' im impressed! Spanisch, french, englisch,.....!

To your question. In Germany i use a Foamboard which is from a French manufactura, so i expect that you can buy this also in France at Art shops. The Name is Airplac.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Hi,
Jim ' im impressed! Spanisch, french, englisch,.....!

To your question. In Germany i use a Foamboard which is from a French manufactura, so i expect that you can buy this also in France at Art shops. The Name is Airplac.
Thanks. Languages are cool. I've got bits and pieces of some, actual converastional parts of others. Being in the Navy help feed that interest. I've got a shelf full of foreign language stuff.
Born in the USA which helps since English is likely the least consistent of all languages. French was my first second language. Did 2 years in high school then spent a month in Normandy area. Unfortunately it's a perishible skill.
I lived in SPain for 7 years and my wife is from Spain so I've had some practice and maintain it daily. English is technically a Germanic language so I really want to add that and have it beyond the please, thank you, yes, no, numbers, etc level.

Thanks for chiming in. Danke.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Your best bet probably is Graupner http://graupner.com/flitetest. That is the original Flite Test foam. Graupner is also distributing to local hobby shops, so you might be able to find foam there too - or ask the store to get a few cases from Graupner ;).

Other than that I found it pretty difficult to find foamboard with the same characteristics here in Germany. Most are way too heavy or don't have paper laminated so you need to work with extra tape.

yves.morele

foam in france

hello balu,

i use depron 6 mm from bricot depot but you can find them in casto, bricomarché.......

it is good for FT model but no paper on the depron and you must modify ( not difficult) the build

the sheet of depron 6 mm (1.2 X80 X2) is only 9€ and with one you can built for exemple spitfire

Yves

look at my post and video, all the build are in depron 6 mm