Buy soon or wait till next summer?

Jackster

Hi all

Pondering if I should bother buying anything till next year.

What I mean by this is should I wait off till next year to buy a plane and the equipment?

I live in the UK and am just about to go back to college. Though college is not the problem I only think that there is about a month or so of good weather before it becomes unflyable?

I want to build a FT Versa Wing and then build a multi rotor for filming video.

So any advise?

Thanks

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
yeah, you are starting into your local build season, but that doesn't mean flying is over. Check around the area for an indoor flyer club (think gymnasium), or regular club that has indoor events.

Most of the FT models as spec'ed are poorly suited for indoor (the flyer and the nutball may be the only ones you can get away with it), but there are plenty of indoor models that will work well with the 27 gram motors and small 2s batteries. If you can find the club they might suggest a few good models to try.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Hi all

Pondering if I should bother buying anything till next year.

What I mean by this is should I wait off till next year to buy a plane and the equipment?

I live in the UK and am just about to go back to college. Though college is not the problem I only think that there is about a month or so of good weather before it becomes unflyable?

I want to build a FT Versa Wing and then build a multi rotor for filming video.

So any advise?

Thanks
Get a few numbers of RCM&E and you will find that weather is no concern for flying ;-)
Find some flying friends in your college. There are lots of good planes for winter flying both indoor and out.

You live in the UK not Scandinavia. I wouldn't wait a bit. Get something like a Hobbyzone Champ, Flyzone Playmate, or Heli Max 1sq. Can fly outside on calm days, inside in a gym. Heck with a micro quad you could even fly in your house/dorm room.