Buying Bix3 for FPV

Crash and Burn RC

Geeterduuun
Hello,
Everything looks godd on that list except for some things thing.
BUY SPIRONET ANTENNAS AND A HIGHER QUALITY RECIEVER.
Also, make sure to buy the right type of antenna (SMA or RP-SMA)
The cheap ones that come with the bundle are trash. (sorry to be harsh but it cost me an airplane)
Also, make sure that your receiver and transmitter are compatible.
Next, I just want to let you know that the Mobius is not compatible with that transmitter when flying FPV through it. (Only if you plan to fly using the mobius)
Finally, buy a wider angle lens for the camera, t makes all the difference.
The Bix is an awesome plane, but just be sure to put the CG farther forwand than it says in the manual.
Hope that this helps!
Colin

xkcbdz

Thanks for your comment Colin, I'm planning on going 433MHz but I would need a autopilot with return to home, do you know of a cheap one? also, does 900MHz video work well with 433MHz control?

Last edited:

Jimmyp

Thanks for your comment Colin, I'm planning on going 433MHz but I would need a autopilot with return to home, do you know of a cheap one? also, does 900MHz video work well with 433MHz control?

I have a 433 LRS sytem for control and both 5.8 and 1.3 for video. (two different planes). For autopilot I have used the APM 2.6 which is fairly cheap but I also like the Vector system. Not too much more when considering it comes with everything including OSD. The Vector is also much easier to set up.