C-160 build

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Grey!
IMG_20190627_191529613.jpg

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Dunno how you are gonna see that plane when it's the same color as the UK sky.. :)

Any plans for a Union Jack or even just a flash of color on one wing to make it easier to tell left from right?

Beautiful build, @CarolineTyler. I am eager to see this one fly.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
This Sunday was a perfect day for flying the C-160 Cargotrans and this time....I actually set the hat cam correctly to get some video.
It's the third section if the video below (at position 11:10) after a couple of quadcopter flights where I had a go at chasing a Bloody Wonder.
Still thinking the plane is a tad tail heavy looking at its flying position. I may add a little more weight to the nose to see if that helps.

bisbonian

I'm not sure where you're putting the battery?
This is the view with the wings off, I took off the wheel section and there's less room down there. I might be able to fit a 1400 in here but that's about it.
Any tips?
C160.jpg

L Edge

Master member
I'll take a picture and post it tomorrow. I needed to do just a little carving and a 2200mAh 3S fitted nice and snugly

What size props are you using? My transport has 10x3/8 and time wise I get about 6-7 min, change to a 3300 3s and now I get about 10 min where I do not run wide open. I usually do touch and goes around the field. Lot's of drag with the large fuse.

Bassfisher

Just started to follow this thread. About to start on my old GWS C-130 Cargo trans. (I will be only putting on 2 motors (the 2208s)) Caroline, thanks for this thread. Just have to finish my Avios C-130 first

cyclone3350

Master member
I bought two of those at a swap meet like a year ago. Never opened the box to look at it and stuck em in storage to forget about them until I saw this. Now I might have to dig them out and hope it is same one U have, This one U posted looks pretty awesome.

Bassfisher

Ive had mine in my work shed for awhile. After working on my C-130 (transforming it into a L-100) I saw an article on the proposed Lockheed L-400 and thought the GWS C-130 will be the perfect canvas for that