C-17, C-130, and other "Heavy" aircraft

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Has anyone been working on Commercial, Military Jets or other " heavies"? I just saw a picture on one of the articles that showed an airliner in progress. I have been working on a C-17 for a co-worker whose son just got assigned to one.

IMG_0721.JPG
Wingspan is 58" , length is 62"

View attachment C-17 Nose.pdf
View attachment C-17 center section.pdf
View attachment C-17 tail 1.pdf
View attachment C-17 tail 2.pdf
View attachment C-17 right wing.pdf
View attachment C-17 Left wing.pdf
View attachment C-17 wheel wells.pdf

Have Fun and Fly Safe

Tim

Last edited:

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
Awesome! Haven't built anything that big myself, but the C-17 is my favorite airlifter (I basically grew up "on" it - it was my dad's career), so it's awesome to see it in RC. :D

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Thanks, I drew it up in AutoCAD as I went. Took the dimensions from a 3 view drawing. I would build a section, then adjust my AutoCAD and build it again. I have AutoCAD plans and PDF format Plans as well if anyone is interested.

Thanks Jaxx for the info. :)

Last edited:

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Thanks, I drew it up in AutoCAD as I went. Took the dimensions from a 3 view drawing. I would build a section, then adjust my AutoCAD and build it again. I have AutoCAD plans and PDF format Plans as well if anyone is interested.

You're welcome. I would love to check out the plans when they're done. What are the specs for this build? What will you be using to power it? Again, nice job!

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
I have added PDF plans to the first segment of this Forum.

Jaxx
I designed it to use 4 64mm EDF units. This particular model does not have any electronics ( other than lights) since I will be giving it to a co-worker who's son now flys the C-17 in the Air Force. I plan to build another with electronics later this winter.

The-One-Who-Never-Crashes
Thanks, I will do an article with the next build.

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times

View attachment 57902

This isn't the 3 view drawing you used to design this project is it? The reason I ask is because this is the 3 view drawing for the C-5 Galaxy.

galaxy engineer

This isn't the 3 view drawing you used to design this project is it? The reason I ask is because this is the 3 view drawing for the C-5 Galaxy.
I for one would love to see that 3 view of the C-5 Galaxy!! That airplane has been a very very big part of my life and I have been planing a build for years. Any info you have would be great. the link does not work so could you please repost it?