C123 look-a-like, or Guinea Pig adaption

Keno

In the process moving on to the paint shop. It is adapted from the Guinea Pig and hopefully it will look like somewhat like the Coast Guard C123 (4505).

Attachments

• C123.jpg
    C123.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Focstro

very beautifull! I would like to know how you made the changes .. I would also like to do it like yours .. do you have project with your changes? please =)

Seahunter

Great looking airplane, looking forward to seeing it painted. How are you going to power it up? Around a "C" pack. Nice job Ken
Fred

Keno

Thanks, I do have draft dwgs that could help but they are only draft and could have errors or need improving. I'll see what I can put together today. If you have a preference of format, PDF, DWG/DXF, Sketchup or other I can see what l can do. It is painted and working on a new radio system installed. Learning curve thing. C Pack Twin installed.

Focstro

ottimo! mi saresti di grande aiuto =) io preferisco che sia in formato pdf.. I await your project with great enthusiasm =)

Keno

Well here what I have: C-123 Look-A-Like FT Guinea Pig adaption,

Attachments

• C-123 pg 5 of 5.pdf
    95.8 KB · Views: 0
  • C-123 pg 4 of 5.pdf
    61.9 KB · Views: 0
  • C-123 pg 3 of 5.pdf
    54.7 KB · Views: 0
  • C-123 pg 2 of 5.pdf
    58.1 KB · Views: 0
  • C-123 pg1 of 5.pdf
    51.9 KB · Views: 0

Focstro

I have a question? but for the fuselage how should I bend the depron? Do I have to cut or just cut the blue lines to be bent? it's a great project ... in a few days I start to build it ... and then I'll post the photos =)

Attachments

• Plan 2.pdf
    61.9 KB · Views: 0

Keno

I am not sure of the thickness of the Depron you are using. For depron I usually pressed down and scoured and cut if I have too, depending on the materials thickness. The problem with depron; if you bend it too sharp it will break, so cutting could be the best answer. In the US we use a different form board which is much more flexible and is covered with paper. A method I have used to form curves shapes is to use rolling stock, such as dowels or rolling pin. There, rolling the area to form the curve shape. The blue lines are bends. Please remember that these drawing are draft drawing therefore double check fitting and sizes. They were also drawn for being built from Adams foam board that is not available in some areas and Countries. Good luck to you and hope all will come together for you. I hope others on this forum who are more familiar with depron come forward and help you.