C123 look-a-like, or Guinea Pig adaption

Focstro

ook thanks for the help! I use the depron .. but I am that with the glue and parchment I cover the depron :) so I can make all the folds .. I'll post when I start the project the photos:)

Keno

It should weigh about the same as the Guinea Pig, 2.2 pounds without the battery onboard. However you are using different building material than myself. If it were constructed only out of depron I think it probably be lighter but when you add the paper covering I am not sure how much weight the paper would add. I am guessing, ready to fly with battery, maybe around 3 to 4 pound.

Focstro

ook! I think it will come to weigh around 1.2kg finished ... I will mount 2 engines that will pull together 2.2kg so I'm sure :)

Keno

Here is a couple of pictures on Guinea Pig C123 look-a-like. Still working on wing tanks. I am not a good "picture taker" so I apologize for thier quality.

Attachments

• DSC00143 (2).JPG
    DSC00143 (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC00144 (3).JPG
    DSC00144 (3).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Focstro

woooooowwwww =) very beautifull! I look forward to seeing him fly! I'm starting to cut all the pieces .. =) then I'll start assembling it

Keno

Here is some pictures of my Mini Guinea C123 look-a-like adaption. It is almost ready to fly but I need to complete control linkage setup. Working on the drawing as the motors should be moved closer to the fuselage. Also need to extend the bottom wing panels out further for strength. Flight testing probably will also reveal that I have to make changes to the stabilizer incident angle to compensate for the upraised tail. My next build will be smoother as this is the first (prototype)

Attachments

• DSC00146.jpg
    DSC00146.jpg
    917.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00148.jpg
    DSC00148.jpg
    712.9 KB · Views: 0

L Edge

Master member
If you have a hot water heating system at home set around 180 degrees or above, depron bends very nicely and small radius 1 1/4" if you take your time and heat slowly and bend around the pipe. If you rush it, it will crack for sure.
I built and bent the Shuttle top doing it this method.

Are you using differential thrust for rudder?
A trick I found out and others agree with is most transport have the rotation of the props turning in toward the fuse. Did you know that if you reverse it towards the outer wing , the transport will roll much easier? I have built a total of 4 transports and 3 survive till now. Of course, they don't look as nice as yours.

Last edited:

Keno

If you have a hot water heating system at home set around 180 degrees or above, depron bends very nicely and small radius 1 1/4" if you take your time and heat slowly and bend around the pipe. If you rush it, it will crack for sure.
I built and bent the Shuttle top doing it this method.

Are you using differential thrust for rudder?
A trick I found out and others agree with is most transport have the rotation of the props turning in toward the fuse. Did you knoessw that if you reverse it towards the outer wing , the transport will roll much easier? I have built a total of 4 transports and 3 survive till now. Of course, they don't look as nice as yours.

First l like your info and advice I thank you for that. Nah, all mine are what I would call "ten footers" get any closer than that and you will hear the other side of the story. I am using differential motor arrangement. I tried this with a DX 6 and it was not very smooth, purchased Horus X10S and with it's programming it worked great. I'll have the dwgs out shortly but need to do some flying first.

L Edge

Master member
I put my wheels right under the fuse and approximately 1/3 on the nose wheel is in the fuse. No nose steering is used(differential thrust is used) and since I have a DX9 radio, the newest thing is the sequencer which I use on the transport.

What it does is on a 3 way switch.
1) a servo with a metal arm goes onto the wheel so it is set to be tight and act as a brake.
2) a sequencer program cycles(infinite) the servo arm off and on the wheel to apply pressure so the transport can taxi slowly. You set the height to brush against the wheel to set the speed.
3) the 3rd position moves the arm forward so no pressure is on the wheel and is for forward for flight.

Can set inside the fuse so demo it as such.

Keno

Mighty Mini Guinea C123 Adaption ready to fly. Maybe today if the weather give us a break. If all goes well I'll post the adapted plans.
3:07 - The wind calmed and it does fly, Plans below. Goto plans for dwgs.

IMG_0073 - Copy (2).jpg

Last edited: