C130-alike or other 4-engine plane?

Jase_MK

After upgrading the motors on my cinewhoop, I have 4 brand new 1106 motors sat on my desk wanting to be used. Cute little things with 5-blade 2.5" props that run nicely off a 4S battery.

I figure a four-engined plane would be kinda cool. Prop calc software tells me I should expect 2-300g of thrust from each motor, so there'd be more than enough to go around on a small 600g-ish foamboard plane. Not hugely fussy on design and I'd take a tried and tested design over having to trial and error something myself, but I'm open to all possibilities.

So, two questions...
Does anyone know of any nice 4-motor foamboard plans already in circulation?

If not, any pointers on designing my own? I've built a lot of the FT range - 10-15 planes probably. I've not built a master series plane, but have made Griff's Spitfire which uses a similar process. I guess the simplest option is to take an existing design like the FT Guinea Pig and just put 4 motors on it? It'd be nice to give it more of a C130 style rounded body. I have a 3D printer so could look into adding some styled details that way, but don't want to go down a lengthy CAD route designing anything too complex.

Just thinking through some options at this stage, but if there's anything great out there that I've missed then just shout!

Jase_MK

Thanks, both. Probably around 25-30" or so - should then be easy to put in the car, plus they're only tiny motors so I don't want a monster.

foamboardflyer

When you say a 'profile plane' - do you just mean a box section fuselage that has more or less the correct side profile?
Profile planes are usually something like this
0F6CABAA-DCB6-4429-A1E6-9AC8DB84D31B.jpeg

foamboardflyer

here is the plans for the b-17 if your interested.

Attachments

• 383042_712ecf9f95e8249f4cac8904880ed0df.pdf
    13.5 KB · Views: 0

Roonie

Hi, I build a FT guinea pig only I put 4 instead of 2 motors on it .... :cool:
Also tweak the fuselage a bit... 5cm longer from the wing and 2 cm lower, made the powerpods smaller
got 4 5040 props..... 20211205_144345.jpg
It kinda looks like a C-130 I think .....