CA options?

Turbojoe

Elite member
OK, so I've been getting my CA from Tower Hobbies for many, many, many years at great prices. Now that Horizon Hobbies bought them Bill Gates couldn't afford to buy from them. $9.99 shipping for a $7.99 2 oz. bottle of medium CA! :eek: Yeah, that's just not going to happen. Bob Smith "BSI" is the most recognized CA alternative and what most LHS carry. I've used and still have some of the BSI stuff but I'm getting low on medium. What about other CA suppliers? Anyone found and tried lower cost options? (with reasonable shipping cost of course). I want 2 and maybe even 4 oz medium if the price is right. Free shipping would put a HUGE smile on my face.

Joe

Turbojoe

Elite member
Hey Joe, check our prices on BSI glues. We guarantee to beat any other advertised price. We can mail first class for pretty reasonable.

https://willynillies.com/shop/ols/categories/bsi-glues-and-accessories

BSI is the best stuff we've ever used and all we will carry. We get a fresh shipment in about every two weeks. :)

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com

Dang! I could swear the last time I looked you only had 1 oz size. Obviously I missed something and you're right, you do have a great price for the 2 oz. I mainly use Super Phatic or in some cases thin CA so I still have enough medium CA to last a bit longer and will order up when I get another new kit from you. Hurry up with a Pacer or Mach none will ya.........;)

Joe

Willy Nillies

Elite member
Joe or anyone...

If we don't have a BSI product on our website you want just let us know and we will get some in. Usually at least 5% cheaper than anyone else. Most times 10% cheaper.

We'll stock what everyone wants, you just have to tell us! :)

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com

speedbirdted

Legendary member
I've been swearing by BSI glue for pretty much forever now. Sadly my LHS stopped carrying it (and most other useful airplane stuff as it's mostly car-oriented now...) ZAP glue is also good though where I live I have never found any of it.

TooJung2Die

Master member
I use Harbor Freight thin CA in 1 oz bottles. It's good stuff and cheap as you'd expect from HF. I have a bottle of BSI foam safe CA from my local hobby store. I paid $15 for 1 ounce. Wow. I'll check out Doug's prices next time I need some.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Doug, have you ever considered carrying Super Phatic glue? LINK It's only slightly slower than medium CA. I love the stuff and would prefer to buy from you rather than the demon killer of every local old school REAL hobby shop. (Horizon Hobby.)

Joe

+1 :love:

Willy Nillies

Elite member
Sorry guys, but Horizon Hobby has exclusive distribution rights in the USA. We'd have to sign on as a Horizon dealer to get it...... and well that just isn't going to happen.

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Sorry guys, but Horizon Hobby has exclusive distribution rights in the USA. We'd have to sign on as a Horizon dealer to get it...... and well that just isn't going to happen.

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com

That makes sense. It sucks, but it makes sense. :cry:

Turbojoe

Elite member
Thanks for trying Doug. Yep, Horizon pretty much has a monopoly on the retail hobby supply business now. Tower Hobbies was the only other option and is now a shadow of it's former self since Horizon bought them too.

Joe